• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

JOK is Derwin James without coverage skills. So basically a smaller Kenneth Murray. Plus we already have 2 hybrid LB/S players on the roster in Tranquil and White.
    And I understand that James has the injury concern but I just think you make good points about the types of players already on the roster and how that second round draft choice can be better spent. Safety like Moehring if there; maybe a CB, more OL depth or a true Edge rusher. So plenty of options

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

https://www.phillyvoice.com/second-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-058882/

Philly Voice - 2nd Round MOCK Love their optimism, love the pick.

47) Chargers: Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State. Samuel had a lot of PBUs in his FSU career (29 in 31 games), and he started to get a knack for picking off passes in his final season in 2020, when he nabbed three of them in eight games. But, he's only 5'10, 180. Obviously that's not ideal for an outside corner, but like his dad, he doesn't lack for confidence, and he played outside at FSU.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

9 of Matt Miller’s top 32 still on board. And only includes 2 OL. There’s a very good chance we come away with a round 1 talent in round 2. Just be flexible.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And I understand that James has the injury concern but I just think you make good points about the types of players already on the roster and how that second round draft choice can be better spent. Safety like Moehring if there; maybe a CB, more OL depth or a true Edge rusher. So plenty of options
          Yup. CB is the responsible choice, but I only see 2, maybe 3, worthy of #47. Samuel, Melifonwu, Adebo.

If we are comfortable waiting until #77 for a CB (risky), we could go BPA at #47 like Onwuzurike, Ossai, Moehrig, or Humphrey.

I do think JOK will be a good player for some team. Hopefully he’s gone before #47 so we aren’t tempted to triple-down on a skill set that we already have.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We want you in this Pride.

Wow. I love everything about this, but the fact he didn't join our Electric Co.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Wasn't Samuel Sr. the dude LT had a go at after the Pats playoff win in SD? For disrespecting the Bolt?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

You're goddamn right, Tyler.

Comment

• chargers_22
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

We want you in this Pride.

Wow. I love everything about this, but the fact he didn't join our Electric Co.
                  LOL, The owner got on the phone and the GM was hooting, hollering and banging tables! Great video.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    9 of Matt Miller’s top 32 still on board. And only includes 2 OL. There’s a very good chance we come away with a round 1 talent in round 2. Just be flexible.
                    15. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame checks golden dome'er box
                    19. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU could happen?
                    20. Daviyon Nixon, DL, Iowa never saw this one coming
                    25. Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama goes early 2nd maybe 33 to Jacksonville
                    28. Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan I'll pass
                    29. Jevon Holland, S, Oregon could warm up to him if thats who Staley signs off
                    30. Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State hope he's off the board so TT not tempted
                    33. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky right position wrong corner
                    35. Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri is he an edge player?
                    36. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU really good all around LB but not that big of need
                    38. James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati really surprised to see him ranked this high, LT prospect only
                    39. Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama how could are the Chargers medical staff?
                    40. Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF again, right position wrong cb
                    42. Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington eye popper

Don't bash the message or messenger, but hope for none of his top 42 prospects, guess different strokes for different folks.

Just give me CB10—Asante Samuel Jr., FSU | Overall: #98 or S5—Ifeatu Melifonwu, Syracuse | Overall: #85

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

#FlyEaglesFly

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

15. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame checks golden dome'er box
                        19. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU could happen?
                        20. Daviyon Nixon, DL, Iowa never saw this one coming
                        25. Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama goes early 2nd maybe 33 to Jacksonville
                        28. Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan I'll pass
                        29. Jevon Holland, S, Oregon could warm up to him if thats who Staley signs off
                        30. Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State hope he's off the board so TT not tempted
                        33. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky right position wrong corner
                        35. Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri is he an edge player?
                        36. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU really good all around LB but not that big of need
                        38. James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati really surprised to see him ranked this high, LT prospect only
                        39. Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama how could are the Chargers medical staff?
                        40. Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF again, right position wrong cb
                        42. Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington eye popper

Don't bash the message or messenger, but hope for none of his top 42 prospects, guess different strokes for different folks.

Just give me CB10—Asante Samuel Jr., FSU | Overall: #98 or S5—Ifeatu Melifonwu, Syracuse | Overall: #85
                        Thats interesting. Thats not the list he was showing on ESPN this morning.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Would you draft Rondale Moore at #47?

no..... tiny gimmick player.... good player for a SB team that is already loaded at other positions

Major Holes that still need filling:
                          Chargers need a starting CB opposite of williams.....
                          Chargers need a starting DE/Edge opposite of Bosa...

Positions that need upgrade:
                          Chargers need a DURABLE all round RB with power
                          Chargers need an all round stating quality TE
                          Chargers need a Safety who can start or rotate with the others

Chargers can use more speed at WR
                          Chargers need additional CB's for depth
                          Chargers need more/better OL depth
                          Chargers can use upgrade/depth at DT/DE

Comment

Working...
                          X