• Send PM

Seems like a project..

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I’m more worried about the penalties, don’t want to see a tough third-and-eight become a tougher third-and-eighteen, especially division games against the pass rushers we’ll face.
        So, how do we counter those pass rushers...? Pipkins? FA that couldn't get signed? A 3rd rounder project?
        OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He went up against Eyioma Uwazurike (#58), who is a day 3 pick, in the Iowa State game.
          I don't take requests, so please do not ask, I will ignore them. Please consider supporting me making these videos over at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/D...

Did you watch the rest of the game...? I did. He did very well against Will McDonald.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

If there’s an evil genius out there somewhere who can somehow finagle #17 and #79 into three players, namely Breece Hall, Abraham Lucas, and Kyler Gordon, I’d like to shake their hand.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              If there’s an evil genius out there somewhere who can somehow finagle #17 and #79 into three players, namely Breece Hall, Abraham Lucas, and Kyler Gordon, I’d like to shake their hand.
              Here's the funny thing... that Iowa State vs Northern Iowa game also had Breece Hall on the flip side. He ran for 3.0 ypc in that game and looked pedestrian.
              Abraham Lucas is one of the most slept on prospects in the draft. I can't imagine all other 31 GM's are letting him slip to the 3rd round. My guess is early 2nd (Giants).
              Kyler Gordon is a good prospect... late 1st round... but his slotting is just not in-line with our pick.

Personally, I'm taking Kenyon Green @#17, moving Feiler to RT, and clearing a spot in the trophy case (lots of a space already there) for the Lombardi.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

So, I'm not sure posting these games is getting the effect that you guys think they're getting.
                Are there ugly plays here and there...? Yes.
                But in between those plays are 10 others where he shows off his athleticism and physicality.
                Drafting is a traits driven business. You're trying to project what this player will look like once he gets those little technique issues fixed.

Now, as I posted, I'm leaning towards Kenyon Green. But only because Green is already technically sound... and I want a nearly finished product to go help me capture a Lombardi Trophy within the next 2 years (if not this next year). Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Trevor Penning (through technique correction) be the more valuable player in year 2 or 3. The traits are there... you can see it with every film clip that is posted...

If his technique is cleaned up with Manyweather... he may not even be there @#17 anyways.
                OLineCentric

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

So, how do we counter those pass rushers...? Pipkins? FA that couldn't get signed? A 3rd rounder project?
                  Dunno. Just not sold on a rookie project with poor feet, sloppy hands, and a penchant for grabbing being able to have a better game against AFCW pass rushers than Storm. Sad as that is and the rookie’s physical traits notwithstanding. Maybe I’m wrong, if we draft him I sure hope I am. If traits made the player, we’d have all those Lombardis already.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Dunno. Just not sold on a rookie project with poor feet, sloppy hands, and a penchant for grabbing being able to have a better game against AFCW pass rushers than Storm. Sad as that is and the rookie’s physical traits notwithstanding. Maybe I’m wrong, if we draft him I sure hope I am. If traits made the player, we’d have all those Lombardis already.
                    Trevor Penning is not the only possibility @#17. Personally, I'd go with Kenyon Green. That kid is NFL ready. Slide Feiler over to RT... and you're set for your march towards the Lombardi.
                    If Chargers stay pat with Storm/Pip... we'll get the same results as always. They'll let you down at the most important time of the game/season.

There is no way I'm leaving the fate of the season... the fate of my franchise QB... in the hands of Pipkins/Storm.
                    And if you think Penning looks "iffy" @#17... you should take a gander @#79... none of those prospects will be ready-to-go in the 1st year. Are we choosing to put-off another year of Herbert's window...? All in, baby! Forget where experts believe their guys fit numerically. They're wrong many times anyways.

Make a pick based on impact. Forget 40's... forget bench press reps... the BPA is the player that has the biggest impact on your team.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

But I just read there will be 2nd round talent available in the 4th this year. That’s exactly what our top 5 O needs, some 2nd round beef. Save the 17 pick for a truly exceptional talent, at whatever skill position, that drops to us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Here's the funny thing... that Iowa State vs Northern Iowa game also had Breece Hall on the flip side. He ran for 3.0 ypc in that game and looked pedestrian.
                        Abraham Lucas is one of the most slept on prospects in the draft. I can't imagine all other 31 GM's are letting him slip to the 3rd round. My guess is early 2nd (Giants).
                        Kyler Gordon is a good prospect... late 1st round... but his slotting is just not in-line with our pick.

Personally, I'm taking Kenyon Green @#17, moving Feiler to RT, and clearing a spot in the trophy case (lots of a space already there) for the Lombardi.
                        That insinuates we are one player away......and I don't agree. The biggest problems aren't on the offense.

Sure we signed some key free agents but surely , no doubt in my mind we will have injuries somewhere.

I am going to pencil in Green for us at 17 if OL is going to be the pick but not because he will play LG, because he can play where ever they feel he helps the most. If it's LG, great, if it's RG , great. If it is RT, great.

But id really love Bolt Dudes players as well with those 3 players in a trade down scenario. Think I'd like that more. But I do not think even in a trade down we will get both Hall and Gordon without trading back up somewhere. We would likely have to get the Lions 2 second round picks and not sure even then both are there.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-24-2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

1st: LG Kenyon Green. His technique is already NFL ready. Day 1 starter. He's physical. Staley wants his OL to be physical. Move Feiler to RT (where he played at a high-level).
                          3rd: S Bryan Cook. I've looked for a CB here... I've looked for LB here... and then I realize that no prospect will play either of those positions as well as Derwin James will play those positions. I'm tired of wasting Derwin's talents at split safety. I want to put him at the slot in big nickel alignments. I want to put him at LB in small nickel and dime alignments. I recognize that we've gone out and upgraded at DL so that we can be in the 4-2-5 alignment more often... so I select Bryan Cook to start at split safety and set Derwin free. After Bryan Cook, I have serious doubts that the safety class provides any Day-1 starters. I'm ecstatic about getting a Day-1 starter in the 3rd round. This is how you maximize a draft with no 2nd round selection.
                          4th: WR Danny Gray. This is where we start going BPA @various positions. I'm torn between CB and WR mostly. But I think the CB class is really deep... so I go WR. I remember that Derwin is going to be in the slot more. I also remember that Michael Davis is now my #4 DB... so I'm really just looking for a developmental CB to take MD's place in a year or two.
                          5th: CB Mario Goodrich. This CB class is deep! I see 25 guys I believe are guys that can develop into starter-quality CB's (#3 CB's). They come in so many different sizes and talents. In the end, I settle on a guy that has outside/inside capabilities, enough speed/size to survive the NFL game, and has the tools/willingness to become a good tackler. We could argue about the specific CB prospect to take in the 5th... we argue about wether they are still on the board in the 5th... but consistently, there is always a CB there that I like.
                          6th: EDGE Christopher Allen. Quite honestly, he may not be on the board in the 6th. I think injuries limited a very talented player's ability to show how good he can become. If he's not there, I see other sleeper talent in the 6th round @EDGE. Besides, I think Chris Rumph is already quality depth as a pass-rusher.

From hereon, it's BPA @RB, @OC, @IDL, @LB, @TE, @P, and @IOL.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X