• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

9 of 10 times I use PFN on my device, I fuck it up and make a wrong move and it starts me over. Been done before and it started me over so this is from PC why it looks shitty.
    Green went in front of me at 76,Vincent in front of me at 184. Couldn't resist on Nico. Dude ran a 4.42 @ 6'3", 215. Just something different lol

PXL_20210329_160202358.jpg PXL_20210329_160216915.MP.jpg ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      9 of 10 times I use PFN on my device, I fuck it up and make a wrong move and it starts me over. Been done before and it started me over so this is from PC why it looks shitty.
      Green went in front of me at 76,Vincent in front of me at 184. Couldn't resist on Nico. Dude ran a 4.42 @ 6'3", 215. Just something different lol

PXL_20210329_160202358.jpg PXL_20210329_160216915.MP.jpg
      Nico Collins is an interesting prospect. I think he’s a 3rd rounder. Long, fast, good timing, and body position. He’s got longer arms than most of the OTs in this draft (34 1/8). Nice vert.

Also like Bynum for the future of the NB position. Tough and versatile. Not great long speed, but could be a poor man’s Elijah Molden.

​​​​​​​Elerson, Hufanga, Little, Farley. Those are some top notch talents that I’d love to see in bolts.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers get Little at 77 - I would be surprised. I would approve of that draft though -- Darrisaw, Samuel and Little .
        If Chargers select Darrisaw #13 expectations would be plug and play starting LT. Would select another CB and S later rounds to supplement Samuel. Little and Chargers afforded luxury of time to develop, Little being off the field almost two seasons, but could be starter post Baluga or compete with Darrisaw depending on results. Just adds options. Other way to go is CB, like Horn #13 then OT in 2nd. Maybe bump up Javonte Williams early 3rd, Chargers need a power runner to go along with Ekeler.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

PXL_20210329_160202358.jpg PXL_20210329_160216915.MP.jpg
          My eyes hurt...lol.
          I see you made some PFN trades.
          I feel ya on this thing with touch the wrong place and you'll be startin' over with your mock.
          Bates is rising hella fast...props to ninja.
          Good value up and down.
          I like Bynum...high character...good at trail technique...Staley approved..
          see him on the outside and at Safety...don't tell Dude.
          Ta'Quon could be the mythical, mystical late round 4i.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My eyes hurt...lol.
            I feel ya on this thing with touch the wrong place and you'll be startin' over with your mock.
            Good value up and down.
            The Dude knows, and the Dude abides. I watched Bynum carefully at the Senior Bowl and my feeling was that he’s great in short spaces, tough over the middle, but his weakness is down the sideline. He’s a horizontal DB, not a vertical DB. Not the worst thing. Molden is the same way, but Molden’s smarter, more athletic, twitchy, and instinctive. Bynum in the slot or wing/box/short-zone safety seems optimal.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

My eyes hurt...lol.
              Good value up and down.
              Sorry but yes, ive done numerous mocks with that damn Sim and if you scroll down just a bit too hard it resets, hit a wrong spot, it resets....its bullshit! Hardest to do on a tablet or phone of the Sims. But with their updates, right now i like it the best. So frustrating though.

PFF hasnt updated as they go by their scores. Database i havent tried again but dont have high hopes and dont like that it dont offer you trades, you have to offer them. TDN...fuck that Sim, you cant trade unless you subscribe, never doing that.

Fanspeak has 5-6 different rankings to pick from and i think its the CBS guy? Not sure but his are the worst. Cant trade on that one either for same reason.

Not that i NEED to trade but some scenarios its needed. Like above, if Minnesota is going to offer me to move down 1 spot and give me a pick and the guy i want shouldnt be their target, im doing it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Nice Mock Draft from Popper. OT and CB in 1 and 2. But also addressed the needs of more OL and DL depth, Edge and TE. I would approve of this draft.
                Round 1, Pick 13: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

The most glaring need remaining on the Chargers’ roster is at left tackle. At the moment, Trey Pipkins is the starter there. Pipkins is still a developmental player and has a chance to grow into a solid swing tackle in 2021. But he is not ready to be relied on as the starter protecting Justin Herbert’s blind side. The Chargers must address this starting spot.

Thus far, they have opted not to go the veteran route in free agency. Trent Williams, predictably, re-signed with the 49ers. Riley Reiff signed with the Bengals. The Jaguars franchise-tagged Cam Robinson. The Bills re-signed Darryl Williams. Eric Fisher, Alejandro Villanueva and Jermaine Eluemunor still are available, but it seems like the Chargers are comfortable finding their left tackle in the draft. If that is the plan, they have to use their first-round pick on the position. It is too important to wait on, even if they need a cornerback and even if this is a relatively deep tackle class with some potential starting options in the second round.

Slater is the second-best offensive tackle in the draft behind Oregon’s Penei Sewell. If he is there at No. 13, the Chargers should take him. A month ago, I thought Slater would be off the board. But things have changed. With the 49ers moving up, the first four picks all could be quarterbacks, if the Falcons, at No. 4, draft Matt Ryan’s replacement. The Bengals now have Reiff, meaning they could take a skill player at No. 5, like WR Ja’Marr Chase or TE Kyle Pitts. If the Dolphins, who went from No. 3 to No. 12 to No. 6 after two trades, go with Devonta Smith, then Slater will have a genuine chance of falling to 13. Smith, of course, was a college teammate of Tua Tagovailoa at Alabama.

The Lions, Broncos and Cowboys are all set at left tackle. The Giants took a left tackle in the first round last year. Slater falling to the Chargers is a real possibility. He fell to me in our beat writer mock draft, and that was before the 49ers moved up, effectively guaranteeing they will be taking a quarterback. Before the move, they still could have taken Slater and moved him to right guard, where they need an upgrade.

Slater would be the Chargers’ Day 1 starter at tackle. He is not the biggest or longest tackle. He is not a physical freak like, say, Mekhi Becton or Tristan Wirfs. But Slater was an outstanding tackle in college and will further solidify an offensive line that was among the worst in the league last year. He would complete the one-offseason offensive line overhaul.

Asante Samuel Jr. (Don Juan Moore / Getty Images)Round 2, Pick 47: Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

The Chargers do not have a reliable third cornerback on their roster. They need a player who can come in and play meaningful snaps on the outside right away. In nickel and dime packages, Davis will be on one side and Chris Harris will move from the outside to the slot. They are looking for an outside corner opposite Davis who will be on the field around 75-80 percent of the time.

Because of that, I feel like general manager Tom Telesco cannot delay. He has to take a corner in the first two rounds to ensure he finds a capable player. I still view left tackle as the more pressing need. So I am going with a corner in the second round. They will have some options here, especially if Caleb Farley falls because of his recent back surgery. If they are looking for more enticing physical traits, they could go with Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell or Kelvin Johnson. Samuel is not as physically imposing as those three, but he was a productive three-year starter at Florida State and, as our Dane Brugler wrote, “he is a heady player who trusts his skills, very similar to his father, a four-time Pro Bowler.” Given the Chargers’ roster construction, they need a dependable corner at 47. Samuel, to me, is that player.
                Round 3, Pick 77: Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame

Telesco loves to draft players from Brian Kelly’s program in South Bend. And Tremble fits a specific need for the Chargers: a ready-made NFL blocker. Tremble “displays the competitiveness to be a bulldozer as a run-blocker and ties up defenders in pass pro,” according to Brugler. Cook was a solid value signing to replace Henry, but the former Saint and Raider always has been more of a pass-catcher than blocker over his career. Donald Parham is an interesting piece in the passing game, but he is not ready to shoulder the load as the blocker in the tight end room. This is why Tremble makes sense. He was not utilized often in the passing game at Notre Dame, but he certainly has the athleticism and frame to develop that part of his skill set. He can learn from Cook, one of the better receiving tight ends in football over the past decade.

Andre Cisco (James Guillory / USA Today)Round 3, Pick 97: Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse

With Jenkins leaving, the Chargers need a third safety. Derwin James likely will fill a similar role as John Johnson III did last year with the Rams. Brandon Staley will be moving James around, playing him at strong safety, dime backer, linebacker and nickel back, utilizing his versatility. When Johnson moved around last year with the Rams, Staley would bring on Nick Scott as a third safety, lining him up in the two-deep safety shell that is a staple of Staley’s scheme. The Chargers need to find that player to create depth and competition alongside Nasir Adderley, the likely starter at free safety, and Alohi Gilman, James’ backup at strong safety. Cisco is coming off a torn ACL, but he is a freak athlete. He is a ballhawk with 13 career interceptions. And he is versatile, having played both free safety and the “rover” position in the Syracuse defense, according to Brugler. Cisco could turn into an outstanding value pick at this spot if he can return healthy. He would have been a much higher pick if not for the injury.
                Round 4, Pick 118: Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia

Interior offensive line is one of the deepest positions in this draft class, and the Chargers realistically could draft a future starting guard with this early fourth-round pick. Cleveland is 6-foot-6, 354 pounds. His arms are shorter than ideal, but he is big, powerful and athletic. He started 25 games at right guard in college, and the Chargers could use more depth and talent there. Aboushi looks to be the starter right now, but he is only on a one-year deal.

Jaylen Twyman (Charles LeClaire / USA Today)Round 5, Pick 159: Jaylen Twyman, DL, Pittsburgh

The Chargers have their three starters along the defensive line in Staley’s 3-4 base defense: ends Jerry Tillery and Justin Jones and nose tackle Linval Joseph. Edge rusher Joey Bosa will move to the line of scrimmage at times when Staley shows a four-man front in certain packages. But they are lacking depth behind those starting three on the interior. Cortez Broughton was a seventh-round pick in 2019 and has some versatility. Breiden Fehoko, an undrafted free agent, showed development as a true nose tackle in his rookie season in 2020. Twyman started for only one year at Pitt, but he lined up all along the line, from over the center to the inside shoulder of the tackle. And how about this for a comparison from Brugler: “With his size, quickness and No. 97 jersey number, Twyman shows flashes of (Aaron) Donald while utilizing natural leverage and play violence as the core of his style.”
                Round 6, Pick 185: Chauncey Golston, edge, Iowa

Edge rusher became less of a need for the Chargers after they signed Fackrell, who is just two seasons removed from totaling 10.5 sacks with the Packers. Bosa will be on one side. Uchenna Nwosu will be on the other. Fackrell is a rotational piece. And the Chargers have some intriguing depth with Jessie Lemonier, who flashed in training camp and the preseason last year. At this point, I do not expect Melvin Ingram to return, so the Chargers’ top of the depth chart at edge rusher seems relatively set. Telesco likes to look for high-character players late on Day 3, and Golston was a semifinalist for the Lott IMPACT Award, an academic All-American and a member of the Hawkeye’s Leadership Group. He had 12 sacks in his career. And at the Senior Bowl, he shifted to tackle and showed he could play inside if necessary. Staley’s scheme demands versatility from players on all three levels.
                Round 6, Pick 198: Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College

The Chargers need core special team players, and McDuffie would be a pick geared toward that roster hole. He started for three years at BC, and Telesco likes to find players with a lot of experience on Day 3. Think about K.J. Hill and Gilman last year. Here is what Brugler wrote about McDuffie: “Overall, McDuffie needs to play with better discipline, but he only knows one speed and flies around the field with a touch of insanity to him, projecting as a special teamer and linebacker depth.”
                Round 7, Pick 241: Chris Wilcox, CB, BYU

A BYU corner who is raw, tall, long and fast. Sound familiar? The Chargers found a starter in Davis, who had a similar profile and was an undrafted free agent out of BYU in 2017. Wilcox is 6-2 and ran a 4.38 at his pro day. He is not likely to have an impact as a corner initially. But the Chargers are looking for more talent at gunner on special teams, and Wilcox could fill that role with his speed.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Sorry but yes, ive done numerous mocks with that damn Sim and if you scroll down just a bit too hard it resets, hit a wrong spot, it resets....its bullshit! Hardest to do on a tablet or phone of the Sims. But with their updates, right now i like it the best. So frustrating though.

PFF hasnt updated as they go by their scores. Database i havent tried again but dont have high hopes and dont like that it dont offer you trades, you have to offer them. TDN...fuck that Sim, you cant trade unless you subscribe, never doing that.

Fanspeak has 5-6 different rankings to pick from and i think its the CBS guy? Not sure but his are the worst. Cant trade on that one either for same reason.

Not that i NEED to trade but some scenarios its needed. Like above, if Minnesota is going to offer me to move down 1 spot and give me a pick and the guy i want shouldnt be their target, im doing it.
                  Need to build a better machine.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

The Dude knows, and the Dude abides. I watched Bynum carefully at the Senior Bowl and my feeling was that he’s great in short spaces, tough over the middle, but his weakness is down the sideline. He’s a horizontal DB, not a vertical DB. Not the worst thing. Molden is the same way, but Molden’s smarter, more athletic, twitchy, and instinctive. Bynum in the slot or wing/box/short-zone safety seems optimal.
                    Bynum is a Field Corner.
                    Not a Boundary Corner.
                    :hello:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Got a few problems with PFN:
                      Milton Williams at 192?
                      Walker Little at 79?
                      Joe Tryon at 103?
                      Janarius Robinson at 184?
                      Learherwood should be lower than 48.
                      And I always feel all the sims underrate Fehoko, Imatorbhebhe, and Jonathan Adams. That might just be me though.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Bynum is a Field Corner.
                        Not a Boundary Corner.
                        :hello:
                        Yeah. Not a boundary corner is what I meant by not a vertical corner. But I’m not even sure he has the pure speed required to play field corner. That’s why I pegged him in the slot and short zone.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

I like Popper’s draft but I’d like to know what other CB would have been available at 47 besides Asante. Seems like most are higher on him than I.

I wouldn’t mind his height if his body was more stout. But he’s got those narrow lil shoulders. I don’t know—sometimes good things come in those mini-me sizes.

Maybe we should be looking for a smaller quicker guy to compliment Davis’ length and straight line speed. Ambry Thomas could be had in the 4th...

Comment

Working...
                          X