• Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The Chargers have an opportunity to fortify one of the trenches at #17

Drafting to shore up the defensive trench would go a long way toward completing the job of Stench Removal from the 2021 defense.

And drafting to shore up the offensive trench would be an investment in Herb's health, and in BOTH phases of the offense.

Win - Win.

And it's why I'm hoping the pick at 17 isn't a wideout.
    I’m glad so many of you guys recognize the need to protect justin herbert as priority #1. I don’t understand why any charger fan, or the coaches for that matter, wouldn’t want to give Herbert the best chance to stay healthy.
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

i haven’t seen much on green playing tackle, most of the online stuff focuses on his guard play which is fantastic. He has occassional lapses when he’s overaggressive snd misses blocks but for the most part he plays disciplined and wins in a variety of ways, power, agility, and technique. Green is a fantastic player, zion and green are they guys I’d love to see picked at 17, the way things are shaping up the chargers might have their pick of the two. Green actually has RT potential and johnson can play center.
      This is sensible rationale intelligent thinking.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’m glad so many of you guys recognize the need to protect justin herbert as priority #1. I don’t understand why any charger fan, or the coaches for that matter, wouldn’t want to give Herbert the best chance to stay healthy.
        Best chance? He needs to get an office job. All NFL QBs get hit, including Brady. OL blocking is never perfect. Herbert has to participate in his protection by getting the ball out. JH was sacked 0.5 times more than TB per game.
        Improving the R/side would be a good idea. We have no current experienced starter at RG and a sub par starting RT -OR- we have no experienced starter at LG & RG and in either situation we have no depth at C.
        Clearly LAC will draft OL, sign FA OL, or both. Who or when? Hard to say. How the board looks when we're up?
        I lean toward Green, RG at 17,
        Slater- Feiler- Linsley- Green- Norton/ Pip, more 3rd day and post draft.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

God can’t wait until Day One of the 2022 Draft is in the books :Beerbong:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            God can’t wait until Day One of the 2022 Draft is in the books :Beerbong:
            Only six days to go before the draft! Curious to find out who the new chargers will be
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

have seen some Verone McKinley love here, and thinkin' another guy that might get some draft day love from the LAC is Otito Ogbonnia ??

also wonder if they bring in Uriah Leiataua as an UDFA ??

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                have seen some Verone McKinley love here, and thinkin' another guy that might get some draft day love from the LAC is Otito Ogbonnia ??

also wonder if they bring in Uriah Leiataua as an UDFA ??
                If we don’t go DB in the first round, McKinley in the 3rd?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Best chance? He needs to get an office job. All NFL QBs get hit, including Brady. OL blocking is never perfect. Herbert has to participate in his protection by getting the ball out. JH was sacked 0.5 times more than TB per game.
                  Improving the R/side would be a good idea. We have no current experienced starter at RG and a sub par starting RT -OR- we have no experienced starter at LG & RG and in either situation we have no depth at C.
                  Clearly LAC will draft OL, sign FA OL, or both. Who or when? Hard to say. How the board looks when we're up?
                  I lean toward Green, RG at 17,
                  Slater- Feiler- Linsley- Green- Norton/ Pip, more 3rd day and post draft.
                  If Pip can't beat out Norton next training camp, just waive him....put him out of his misery.
                  Bring in a tomato can.
                  Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-23-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

McKinley would be a steal in the third!
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

McKinley would be a steal in the third!
                      I like steals.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

i've changed my mind (again): i think i would opt for K. Green over Z Johnson.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Just on a glance, 3rd round seems a bit too soon for him.

Comment

Working...
                          X