• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good results are inevitable.
    Predicting and mocking is what flummoxes me.
    Thats what is fun!!

By the way, saw your comment on Pitre...still like him, huh? Over Daxton Hill? I thought it odd that Brooks doesnt even have him in his top 5 safeties...or just a testament to how deep the class is after Hamilton, thru the second round.

Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats what is fun!!

By the way, saw your comment on Pitre...still like him, huh? Over Daxton Hill? I thought it odd that Brooks doesnt even have him in his top 5 safeties...or just a testament to how deep the class is after Hamilton, thru the second round.
      Wood in state of flummox

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it’s true this draft is different and probably not as stressful because so much was gained in free agency. But it’s no less important as the chargers have a golden opportunity to add at least one quality starter and much needed quality depth to the roster.
        The Chargers have an opportunity to fortify one of the trenches at #17

Drafting to shore up the defensive trench would go a long way toward completing the job of Stench Removal from the 2021 defense.

And drafting to shore up the offensive trench would be an investment in Herb's health, and in BOTH phases of the offense.

Win - Win.

And it's why I'm hoping the pick at 17 isn't a wideout.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The Chargers have an opportunity to fortify one of the trenches at #17

Drafting to shore up the defensive trench would go a long way toward completing the job of Stench Removal from the 2021 defense.

And drafting to shore up the offensive trench would be an investment in Herb's health, and in BOTH phases of the offense.

Win - Win.

And it's why I'm hoping the pick at 17 isn't a wideout.

Wyatt at pick 17 could be just what the Dr. ordered.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Just finished up podcast listening to Lance and Dane. One of the topics was positional strength of draft class. Both agreed Edge #1. Lance ranked Safety class #2 based off 5 years data in clusters of day one, day two and three. Comparatively this Safety class is the deepest in those last five years. #3 interior OL, very strong/deep Center class and several tackles kicking into guard. Amongst the Guards, Lance ranks Kenyon Green a top 12 prospect. Best trait, blocking both vs run & pass!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats what is fun!!

Bucky cannot be expected to have a focus on Charger scheme fit.

I have fun, and at the same, time difficulty making final determinations.

The elite talent level is down this year, with lots of depth after the top 15.

That is all.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                Just finished up podcast listening to Lance and Dane. One of the topics was positional strength of draft class. Both agreed Edge #1. Lance ranked Safety class #2 based off 5 years data in clusters of day one, day two and three. Comparatively this Safety class is the deepest in those last five years. #3 interior OL, very strong/deep Center class and several tackles kicking into guard. Amongst the Guards, Lance ranks Kenyon Green a top 12 prospect. Best trait, blocking both vs run & pass!
                Lance had the same sort of babble going on re Elgton Jenkins in that draft. If he likes a prospect, similar negatives can be glossed over on his guy, and emphasized on others.

It is always a judgement call.

I just scrutinized Lance's musings on Elgton Jenkins, Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson last night.

These podcasts with top pundits comparing notes are excellent. Can you tell which one you reference ? Is it "Pathway to the Draft ? "

Also, I want to ask you Texas, in your view, is being grabby a habit Kenyon can get out of ? Olinemen can have unshakable bad habits which inhibit their careers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Lance had the same sort of babble going on re Elgton Jenkins in that draft. If he likes a prospect, similar negatives can be glossed over on his guy, and emphasized on others.

I just scrutinized Lance's musings on Elgton Jenkins, Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson last night.

These podcasts with top pundits comparing notes are excellent. Can you tell which one you reference ? Is it "Pathway to the Draft ? "

Also, I want to ask you Texas, in your view, is being grabby a habit Kenyon can get out of ? Olinemen can have unshakable bad habits which inhibit their careers.
                  If he is coachable he can. Put on those baserunning gloves they use in MLB on him in practice and he cant grab anyone. Isnt worse than Pennings issue that will get flags lol.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

The Athletic Football Podcast is my vehicle of choice

Haven't noticed holding as tendency more than any other, technically sound, pad level, natural knee bender, leverage angles, head straight, re sets with best of them, best blocker in this draft.

He is a very clean football player

Plug and play LG

Could develop into a legitimate RT

Far better in pass pro than given credit

Put him next to Slater your left side protection for Herbert is set for at least the next 10 years at pro bowl level

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Penningtons upside (if available) or a safer choice in Green? Green is rising in mocks, might not even get him at 17 if we believe some of the pundits.

17 Kenyon Green RT/LG
                      79 Coby Bryant CB
                      123 Verone McKinley S
                      160 Matt Araiza 11 picks lower than AJ took Scifres in 2003. I am telling you he might go in the 4th.
                      195 Jeff Gunter Edge
                      214 Kennedy Brooks RB
                      236 Luke Wattenberg C
                      254 Chris Hinton NT/DT
                      255 Decobie Durant CB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Haven't noticed holding as tendency more than any other, technically sound, pad level, natural knee bender, leverage angles, head straight, re sets with best of them, best blocker in this draft.

Plug and play LG

Put him next to Slater your left side protection for Herbert is set for at least the next 10 years at pro bowl level
                        Ah. Robert Mays. Top notch. Will listen. Jaimes vs Pipkins. Key factor. OG vs ORT. IMV.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Plug and play LG

Green reportedly demonstrated very nice agility at his pro day. It is reported that teams talked to him about playing G, while others talked tackle...so we arent crazy...though who knows what Stalesco sees.

So many options...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X