• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Linsley hasnt missed many games in his career. He will be here at least 3 more if not 4 more years and is 30 years old. We have plenty of time to draft his replacement and it isnt going to be Zion if we draft him. We can pick up a depth guy after the draft and draft a OC next year to groom.
    There is really is no way of knowing how much longer linsley has left. The smart thing is to have a back up plan. Linsley started having back problems his last year in green bay. What do you consider a missed game? If he plays a few plays or a drive and has to leave for the entire rest of the game does that qualify as a missed game? For me it qualifies as a red flag. I ask because he’s done exactly that 3 times in the last 2 seasons and once it happened in the playoffs for the packers. He did that last year with us too. He did come back and played the rest of the season but those back injuries don’t get any better with age…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      Four-round 2022 NFL mock draft 2.0: Seahawks, Saints trade into top five for quarterbacks

017) Zion * the sure thing, safest/bestest get
      079) Faalele, DeAngelo Malone * Daniel gives you the developmental RT prospect that picks up where Feiler leaves off, and.... is Malone too Rumph redundant ??
      123) Cade Otton, Araiza * TE pls
      If he’s still there zion would be a fantastic pick!

IMO deangelo malone would be a steal in the 4rth round. He put on a show at the senior bowl. I like him, he’s way more explosive than rumph. Malone, ebiketi, and mafe put on a show at the senoir bowl, mafe had a stripsack and a regular sack and a bunch of pressures, ebiketi also had FF and a couple sacks and pressures. Malone had a sack and a bunch of pressures but he went up against penning who was supposed to be the best tackle there and he destroyed the guy. That’s when I started looking into malone after that senior bowl performance…

i’m out on Faalele, in the 4-5 rounds I like Waletzko as a developmental RT behind feiler and goedeke as developmental RG behind oday with potential to start early
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

know you've got a list, and you've prolly already shared a bunch of names, and.... who are your guys for the IOL ??

Nutty has Wattenberg, think I was one of the first to list Empey in one of my mox , and hadn't really looked @Nick Ford, but if you're looking for some sand in the pants, is he your guy ??

@guard, actually think Ekwonu is more likely a guard than tackle, and how 'bout Penning @RG ?? otherwise, think the either of Kenyon Green or Zion are fairly safe/good gambits....

after that, or day three, who are we looking at ?? Voch likes Ed Ingram, and he seems to slot pretty well as our fourth rounder ??

if you're a Nick Ford fan, do you like Tyrese Robinson ?? who is Josh Rivas, other than an UDFA ?? who else ??
        Cade Mays, he also has played many snaps at OC which is a bonus.

Not a fan of Chad Rueter. I think its a laugher that Corral and Picket go 4 and 5. So glad we dont need a QB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

All winners, beach.
          I expect to be happy whoever it is.
          A trench piece would be a relief.
          Personal preference is one of several DB's.
          Vato's issue is with specific coverage techniques and tackling...fixable with coaching and attitude.
          DB depth is vital.
          Agree, who ever we draft we will get a good player and i dont even care which possition it is.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Cade Mays, he also has played many snaps at OC which is a bonus.

Not a fan of Chad Rueter. I think its a laugher that Corral and Picket go 4 and 5. So glad we dont need a QB.
            Mays is a fine OL prospect as is Salyer, but I expect them to be fourth rounders at worst. I was looking at round 6 or 7 with Empey and Ford. Maybe even Wattenberg falls to the late 6th? As for sand, whoever they get, just hook them up with the Nick Hardwick diet.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I'm feeling that TPB team is feeling pretty confident with Zion Johnson and/or Kenyon Green @LG. So, I'll start my latest mock draft there...

#17 LG Zion Johnson/Kenyon Green. This pick allows Matt Feiler to move to RT.
              #79 CB Marcus Jones. Projected as a slot CB, this allows ASJ to move outside and Michael Davis becomes #4 CB depth. Jones is a great returner, also.
              #123 S Verrone McKinley. I think getting a starting caliber safety is important. More importantly, it allows Staley to move Derwin into more playmaking positions on the field.
              #160 WR Danny Gray/Velus Jones. Here is the speed @WR that everyone wants. Both could be good returners also.
              #195 RB Ty Chandler. Value pick that allows us to move on from the ever-injured Justin Jackson. Fits the outside zone scheme... with speed to get outside.
              #214 C Luke Wattenberg. Has the athleticism that Ben Brown and James Empey don't quite have.
              #236 DE Esezi Otomewo. I hate drafting DE this late, but Otomewo offers versatility, size, length, and athleticism that is unique. Spells Bosa/Mack as run defender. Slips inside as pass rusher.
              #254 RB Abram Smith. Tough runner that would give Kelly/Roundtree competition. Showed well at the Senior Bowl.
              #255 P Ryan Stonehouse. Competition for training camp. Starter or PS.
              #260 TE Teagan Quitoriano. Probably the best blocking TE. Replaces Stephen Anderson... possibly Gabe Nabors.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If travis jones kicking their behinds is the barometer for senior bowl offensive linemen you don’t like, then you wouldn’t draft any of those guys because travis beat the hell outta all of them. That said, Zion Johnson was the one guy I saw take some reps away from jones. He was able to stand him up a few times and take away his power, no easy feat in one on ones. Jones might be the strongest player in this draft and zion gave him as much as he took. Everyone has seen the rep where travis spun zion like a top but that’s not how all their reps went down…
                So why aren’t we drafting Travis Jones?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Agree, who ever we draft we will get a good player and i dont even care which possition it is.
                  The Chargers were not wrong often with their 1st pick since 2016.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In my cluster as a dark horse....fans see the pundits consensus, and they say "reach"...I say Stalesco is gonna pick who they think "fits", whatever the fans/pundits think...don't know if Jones is on their radar, though he is one of my favorites.
                    Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Just my opinion but i dont think we are after a DT early. We signed two and still have Tillery and some depth there. Couold be wrong but just how i see it.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        I'm feeling that TPB team is feeling pretty confident with Zion Johnson and/or Kenyon Green @LG. So, I'll start my latest mock draft there...

#17 LG Zion Johnson/Kenyon Green. This pick allows Matt Feiler to move to RT.
                        #79 CB Marcus Jones. Projected as a slot CB, this allows ASJ to move outside and Michael Davis becomes #4 CB depth. Jones is a great returner, also.
                        #123 S Verrone McKinley. I think getting a starting caliber safety is important. More importantly, it allows Staley to move Derwin into more playmaking positions on the field.
                        #160 WR Danny Gray/Velus Jones. Here is the speed @WR that everyone wants. Both could be good returners also.
                        #195 RB Ty Chandler. Value pick that allows us to move on from the ever-injured Justin Jackson. Fits the outside zone scheme... with speed to get outside.
                        #214 C Luke Wattenberg. Has the athleticism that Ben Brown and James Empey don't quite have.
                        #236 DE Esezi Otomewo. I hate drafting DE this late, but Otomewo offers versatility, size, length, and athleticism that is unique. Spells Bosa/Mack as run defender. Slips inside as pass rusher.
                        #254 RB Abram Smith. Tough runner that would give Kelly/Roundtree competition. Showed well at the Senior Bowl.
                        #255 P Ryan Stonehouse. Competition for training camp. Starter or PS.
                        #260 TE Teagan Quitoriano. Probably the best blocking TE. Replaces Stephen Anderson... possibly Gabe Nabors.
                        I'd be cool with this, but you think Chandler lasts till 195?

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

I'd be cool with this, but you think Chandler lasts till 195?
                          Maybe not. But this RB class might be the deepest position in the draft. On the back-end, I like it even more than last year's RB class (Shhhhh, this sentence would get me a 51-day ban on the other site).

Having said that, last year's RB crop was better 1-5... front end.

Some posters here worry about Chandler's contact balance. So Jerrion Ealy is another RB that is 5th-6th round that has better contact balance.
                          Jerrion Ealy 2021 junior season highlights. 121 Rushes, 703 Rushing Yards, 5 Rushing Touchdowns, 30 Receptions, 214 Receiving Yards, 2 Receiving TouchdownsWe...

OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X