OLineCentric

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Sorry... I'm a little slow today. :lol:
        As long as you understand my take on Lucas.
        Not good enough to draft at #79.
        Besides, he'll already be gone.
        :shifty:
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

As long as you understand my take on Lucas.
          Not good enough to draft at #79.
          Besides, he'll already be gone.
          :shifty:
          He will. I'm on to other players anyways.
          We'll see how Lucas turns out... probably on another team.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Feiler to Right Tackle.
            This generation's Jammer to Safety.
            Jammer to Safety? those are BIG shoes to fill as far as message board material goes. that is like people asking Belichick about comparing Mack to Lawrence Taylor.

"now wait a minute, i'm putting Jammer to Safety at the top of the list, and everyone else is below that" "we're talking about Jammer to Safety here..."

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

zion played center for most of the senior bowl and he was fantastic! He hurt the big NT from Arkansas (ridgeway?) early in the game on a zone blocking ridgeway was mirroring johnson and when he tried to shed the block zion took ridgways momentum and using his right arm he physically lifted him off his feet into the air and slammed him so hard on the ground that ridgeway needed some time to get off the field. The violence of that play was on another level, that was almost criminal. The sound got picked up on the mic when ridgeway landed, it was nasty…

why do you think he can’t hang at center, please specify? He’s definitely not missing any physical attributes and sure as shit isn’t an intelligence issue. If you’re worried about the guys intelligence don’t, the kid is like mensa caliber smart, he’s too smart to be playing football to be honest. Rare student athlete I believe he earned an electrical engineering degree in three years at BC and was already working on his masters, I’ll have to double check on that but I think he projects to center every bit as strong or even stronger than guard. I wouldn’t play him at tackle tho, the only so so to bad tape he had in college was a few times he had to fill in at tackle in emergencies.
              No, he's certainly not missing any attributes, and a center needs to be the smartest guy on the field.
              I didn't see him in the Senior Bowl - i did see him struggle mightily with Travis Jones.
              First and foremost, you need a center who can neutralize that nose tackle;
              so i'd pump the brakes on anointing him as solid center material out of the chute.

Handling the raw Ridgeway, and tangling with NFL guys who are both strong and technicians are two different things.
              Center is a unique position and no one knows for sure how Zion Johnson will respond when thrown into the pit with very little experience

The NFL wants immediate results: especially from 1rst round draft picks.
              I remember the Chris Watt experience: supposedly he called offensive line sets as guard at Notre Dame: smart guy, granted not as talented.
              He played well at guard his first year with the Chargers, then was moved to center the following year.
              The wolves on the Charger board were savage that year...I still remember the stunt by Seattle in preseason where Frank Clark flattened him.
              He was declared a bust, from all quarters, pretty much by the end of the first quarter of week 1.

BTW, Telesco has failed twice in converting guards to centers....hence the hat trick comment.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Any word yet about Sam Tevi's developing man-bun...?
                OLineCentric

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  Any word yet about Sam Tevi's developing man-bun...?
                  When deciding if you should wear a top knot, first ask yourself this question: are you Toshiro Mifune? If the answer is Yes, wear a top knot. If the answer is No, do not wear a top knot. That is all.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

When deciding if you should wear a top knot, first ask yourself this question: are you Toshiro Mifune? If the answer is Yes, wear a top knot. If the answer is No, do not wear a top knot. That is all.
                    LOL! Akira Kurosawa could orchestrate our roster...
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No, he's certainly not missing any attributes, and a center needs to be the smartest guy on the field.
                      I didn't see him in the Senior Bowl - i did see him struggle mightily with Travis Jones.
                      so i'd pump the brakes on anointing him as solid center material out of the chute.

Handling the raw Ridgeway, and tangling with NFL guys who are both strong and technicians are two different things.
                      Center is a unique position and no one knows for sure how Zion Johnson will respond when thrown into the pit with very little experience

I remember the Chris Watt experience: supposedly he called offensive line sets as guard at Notre Dame: smart guy, granted not as talented.
                      He played well at guard his first year with the Chargers, then was moved to center the following year.
                      The wolves on the Charger board were savage that year...I still remember the stunt by Seattle in preseason where Frank Clark flattened him.
                      He was declared a bust, from all quarters, pretty much by the end of the first quarter of week 1.

BTW, Telesco has failed twice in converting guards to centers....hence the hat trick comment.
                      I think Jones is going to toss around a good chunk of NFL centers too.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Zion screams LG, but could flip to right side until Fieler retires, as a Charger not a Steeler.

Kenyon Green screams RG but wonder what kinda of battle they would have to see who gets to play RT? Don’t think it would be pretty for our defensive linemen we just signed, would risk injury.

Both are solid enough they could support each other, communicate help and Linsley would keep them straight. That would also force the Chargers to upgrade RB2. That would be just too right :ygdr:

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Now that teams feel the need to field smaller, pass rushing DTs, maybe. I remember back in the day when real NTs like Tony Siragusa, Jamal Williams, Vince Wilfork couldn't wait to school Centers who thought they didn't need help. The only problem was digging them out of their cleats after they ran over them.

Comment

Working...
                          X