• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Or it's a crowded field. If he's there I think we would pull the trigger. If not maybe we go another position or trade down.
    If we’re tempted to take Penning at #17, then I’d imagine we’d race to the podium for Cross. It seems like a BPA meets PON situation to me.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

If we’re tempted to take Penning at #17, then I’d imagine we’d race to the podium for Cross. It seems like a BPA meets PON situation to me.
      Yup! If not there go a different route or trade down a few spots.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

I don't know much about the difference in Cross and Penning, but people on here seem to think Cross is better than Penning? How so? I am asking because I want to know...
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I don't know much about the difference in Cross and Penning, but people on here seem to think Cross is better than Penning? How so? I am asking because I want to know...
          Much, much better at pass protection, not even close. Why Cross is consistently off the board well before 17 in practically every mock.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Like Slater, Cross is a technician, has excellent balance, and moves efficiently. In comparison Penning looks like a project. Cross is younger and more NFL ready. He’s ready to go week one. Penning is not. He’ll probably be solid, but his learning curve will be rough.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

There is a wide gap after the first 3 OTs. Cross is a technician with excellent balance and recovery, and is several years younger than Penning.

Cross comps to Slater. Penning comps to a much more raw Teven Jenkins.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Like Slater, Cross is a technician, has excellent balance, and moves efficiently. In comparison Penning looks like a project. Cross is younger and more NFL ready. He’s ready to go week one. Penning is not. He’ll probably be solid, but his learning curve will be rough.
                Sounds kind of like Pip...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Down on Cross after looking deeper
                  mcduffie is low risk, he's game will translate well imo.

A particular game where you thought he was exposed in some capacity?

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sounds kind of like Pip...
                    What I keep saying, we already have a RT who can be pretty damn good at run blocking and pretty damn bad at pass blocking. Seems blowing our first round pick on basically the same guy is dumb. But I’ll let TT and the coaches decide, if it’s Penning I’ll assume they have a plan…

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      There are a few who think Cross might drop to us.
                      Telesco didn't trade up for Slater because he knew after a point that the teams in between wouldn't take him.

Telesco might consider moving up to grab not just Ekwonu (who went to the Giants in the mock) but also perhaps Cross.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

There are a few who think Cross might drop to us.
                        Telesco didn't trade up for Slater because he knew after a point that the teams in between wouldn't take him.

Telesco might consider moving up to grab not just Ekwonu (who went to the Giants in the mock) but also perhaps Cross.
                        Hopefully, Staley and staff have noticed the same thing we've noticed--that Penning's pass pro isn't all that good...so it's either hope Cross falls to us, or trade down and get someone like Lucas...

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Abe looks like he could give Pip a run for his money, yup.

Comment

Working...
                          X