• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Popper has us taking 4 minor conference guys. I hope not. Better to go fishing in the Power 5 Conferences. I’m good with top 3 picks, the backbone of any draft.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Popper has us taking 4 minor conference guys. I hope not. Better to go fishing in the Power 5 Conferences. I’m good with top 3 picks, the backbone of any draft.
      Don’t like it, which is saying something. Instead of speed he went for size (you cryptic’s just go ahead and say Jordan Davis is speed). Need speed @ skill positions in draft and add depth IDL via free agency, well as the draft. Don’t know why you select Faalele over Lucas in the 2nd. Oh well, it’s early.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Yeah, Popper's draft looks sh*t!
        With as many holes as this team has( edge, CB, DT, LB, RT, TE, P, RB1b), you ABSOLUTELY 100% need production from your first 3 or 4 picks.
        As much as I like Davis, I just think we need more bang for our buck in the 1st round.
        As for Fa'alele, by all accounts, he's a work in progress not someone who's going to man JH's front side.
        And a WR in the 3rd? At what point this past year did our round 3, Big 5 conference WR start making an impact?
        TT needs to hit the mark with the 1st 3 picks- they should ALL be in the rotation day 1.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Yeah, Popper's draft looks sh*t!
          With as many holes as this team has( edge, CB, DT, LB, RT, TE, P, RB1b), you ABSOLUTELY 100% need production from your first 3 or 4 picks.
          As much as I like Davis, I just think we need more bang for our buck in the 1st round.
          As for Fa'alele, by all accounts, he's a work in progress not someone who's going to man JH's front side.
          And a WR in the 3rd? At what point this past year did our round 3, Big 5 conference WR start making an impact?
          TT needs to hit the mark with the 1st 3 picks- they should ALL be in the rotation day 1.
          Biggest impact: EDGE, DB, DL. In whatever order, the right picks should all see substantial playing time out of the box and help raise our D to at least middle of the pack. No RT we have a shot at is gonna make that kinda difference, if they even win the starting spot. What sucks is where we’re picking, other teams gotta gift us the right players.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Biggest impact: EDGE, DB, DL. In whatever order, the right picks should all see substantial playing time out of the box and help raise our D to at least middle of the pack. No RT we have a shot at is gonna make that kinda difference, if they even win the starting spot. What sucks is where we’re picking, other teams gotta gift us the right players.
            While I agree with you on Edge, DB and DL. At least 2 of those can be had in free agency. So that gives you some wiggle room in the draft.

I beg to differ on the RT. There will be a RT in the 2nd that will be plug in and play. I’ll say it again, If Abe Lucas is there in the 2nd, I am pounding the table to it’s breaking point.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Brugler now has us taking Ojabo @ #17.

Others are off the board already.
              Kid reminds me of a young Melvin Ingram
              Darius "4.36" Davis
              top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Kid reminds me of a young Melvin Ingram
                drafted 18th overall, will have to check the poll again and see if our board is leaning to Ojabo, Karlaftis, or JJ
                hope Walker is there but probably not now?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

While I agree with you on Edge, DB and DL. At least 2 of those can be had in free agency. So that gives you some wiggle room in the draft.

I beg to differ on the RT. There will be a RT in the 2nd that will be plug in and play. I’ll say it again, If Abe Lucas is there in the 2nd, I am pounding the table to it’s breaking point.

I’m starting to think Lucas will be off the board by time Chargers 2nd pick is up, his feet are so good, very athletic probably second after Cross. Which leds me to this, if Cross drops past the Packers, does Telesco start making calls or play the Slater game? If that doesn’t work out, hoping he can trade up in second round to get Lucas & address RT. I’ve been mocking him quite a while now for despite round early (according to PFF) but know a good tackle prospect who fits Chargers scheme when I see one.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I’m starting to think Lucas will be off the board by time Chargers 2nd pick is up, his feet are so good, very athletic probably second after Cross. Which leds me to this, if Cross drops past the Packers, does Telesco start making calls or play the Slater game? If that doesn’t work out, hoping he can trade up in second round to get Lucas & address RT. I’ve been mocking him quite a while now for despite round early (according to PFF) but know a good tackle prospect who fits Chargers scheme when I see one.
                    IMO, good tackles are always over drafted. It’s tough to say highly rated one will be available to us in the 2nd.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

If we want to move up, we have the picks to spare.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

While I think it’s entirely possible he’s off the board by their 2nd pick. I am comparing him to Sam Cosmi who went 51 last year. Cosmi’s numbers were better and he was a LT. I haven’t seen him in the top 50 once from any pundits.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

While I think it’s entirely possible he’s off the board by their 2nd pick. I am comparing him to Sam Cosmi who went 51 last year. Cosmi’s numbers were better and he was a LT. I haven’t seen him in the top 50 once from any pundits.
                          part of what I’m saying is don’t listen to the pundits. Lucas seems more patient than Cosmi & has footstep to reset, adjust and recover.

Comment

Working...
                          X