Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shumway View Post
    The excitement is really building and as we approach the start of the draft, the idea of giving up draft capital and moving up for Sewell has really grown on me. But I suspect that that is a function of the emotional biases that we all carry. I know that the data shows many first rounders fail and trading up is probabilistically a bad idea. But we rationalise that Sewell is worth it. I genuinely feel like he could be the exception that makes it worth it.

But it’s better to stay objective and play the averages. I’ll love it if we trade up to get Sewell, but I’ll know that it’s more likely a bad move than a good move. From my very amateur perspective I’m starting to lean towards Darrisaw, Tryon, Melifonwu / Adebo as the first three picks.
    That would be a dream draft for me and many other Charger fans, But Tryon is gone by 47 IMHO, heck I think he is gone by 35, Melifonwu & Adebo seem slotted well but an early run on DB's could move them up 15 spots or so to early R3 picks.

GAWD I love this time of year. Thursday, Friday & Saturday will be AWESOME (as long as we don't fuck up and trade up..........)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

That would be a dream draft for me and many other Charger fans, But Tryon is gone by 47 IMHO, heck I think he is gone by 35, Melifonwu & Adebo seem slotted well but an early run on DB's could move them up 15 spots or so to early R3 picks.

GAWD I love this time of year. Thursday, Friday & Saturday will be AWESOME (as long as we don't fuck up and trade up..........)
      thank you! there is so much talent in that second round - I really want a trade back to pick up more second rounders

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thank you! there is so much talent in that second round - I really want a trade back to pick up more second rounders
        Only works if someone is offering their 1 and 2 maybe more to move up. How far are you willing to move down?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Only works if someone is offering their 1 and 2 maybe more to move up. How far are you willing to move down?
          up to 7 spots - the Bears is the max. The Chargers could maybe get their 2nd - I guess it all depends

I will still be happy if they stay at 13 and take Darrisaw or just see what happens. there might be a surprise and Slater is there

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If the Broncos take Bridgewater I can’t see them taking a QB
            If “your” guy is there, you have to take him. Im sure that discussion dominates their draft room. Bridgewater will still be tradeable if need be. He's a cheap starter option
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Jenkins is LONG gone by 27 IMHO. I don't think he makes it past the Raiders.
              Maybe. I think it depends, and my gut -- not a solid source admittedly -- is that Jenkins would be there. Nevertheless, Radunz will certainly be there, and from a value standpoint would be worth the trade down and extra picks. If Mac Jones or Trey Lance or a playmaker fall, then the Chargers should use that leverage to pivot and accrue as many picks as possible; with multiple trade downs if necessary. This defense needs speed and a serious influx of CBs and DL, along with Edge. The offense needs OL -- tackle and guard. Injuries happen, and the issue for this team has been under Telesco a lack of overall -- consistently across the board -- talent and depth. There are far too many peaks and valleys with this team and how Telesco has constructed it. The best way to fill this team is to add picks. An influx of young players also seems consistent with Staley's approach; i.e. this staff is going to "coach up" players. Given Telesco's history, however, I may as well be asking Santa Claus to leave me a Ferrari next Christmas. He doesn't trade down and isn't driven by analytics.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Hope the Chargers find a way to grab #6 from ND.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

LIke adding Jamal Adams to this D.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

You a numbers guy ?
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Both Kiper and McShay have Cincinnati taking Chase at 5.
                      I don't see any realistic chance Sewell goes to Miami or Detroit( bound to trade back) so Carolina at 8 is the most realistic landing spot.
                      I sure hope TT doesn't get crazy and offer the world to move up those 5 spots.
                      Hold firm Tom! Let the draft come to you......

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Both Kiper and McShay have Cincinnati taking Chase at 5.
                        I don't see any realistic chance Sewell goes to Miami or Detroit( bound to trade back) so Carolina at 8 is the most realistic landing spot.
                        I sure hope TT doesn't get crazy and offer the world to move up those 5 spots.
                        Hold firm Tom! Let the draft come to you......

Good, hopefully Slater falls to us if not i'm okay with Darrisaw or Horn if available.

Hoping for mad trades and Denver and Raiders getting shitty picks.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Good, hopefully Slater falls to us if not i'm okay with Darrisaw or Horn if available.

Hoping for mad trades and Denver and Raiders getting shitty picks.
                          With Mike mayock and Chucky in LV that's a fairly high probability for them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X