• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    I hope everyone doesn't lose it IF the right OT isn't on the board for us in round 1 and we draft a different position? Let's all remember, which I think is being lost in all the Oline talk, Justin Herbert isn't Phil Rivers in the pocket, Herbert moves around nicely in fact it is one of his many strengths. . . IF a top CB or DE is on the board and we can't trade for Sewell, I'll be happy if we get the best football player available, and still expect a winning season!
    Rivers was indestructible in the pocket, was one of the best at pre-snap reads in NFL history, and had an incredibly quick release. If Herbert isn't any of those things he will need a better OL than Rivers. Also, you know, Rivers never won a SB here.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

not a charger
      not a charger
      not a charger
      not a charger
      not a charger
      charger
      not a charger
      not a charger
      not a charger

Tillery is tbd
      Gilman is tbd
      Rochelle is gone
      Chris Watt flamed out
      He traded up for Te'O and he didn't get a second contract with the Bolts and has bounced around the league - so maybe thats a success. Wasn't worth the 4th rounder

Track record of Tom Telesco is spotty with his picks from Notre Dame
      I think over any 9 year period you would say that about any single GM drafting from any school if they had multiple pics from that school. Law of averages.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

not a charger
        not a charger
        not a charger
        not a charger
        not a charger
        charger
        not a charger
        not a charger
        not a charger

Tillery is tbd
        Gilman is tbd
        Rochelle is gone
        Chris Watt flamed out
        He traded up for Te'O and he didn't get a second contract with the Bolts and has bounced around the league - so maybe thats a success. Wasn't worth the 4th rounder

Track record of Tom Telesco is spotty with his picks from Notre Dame
        The point is that Notre Dame recruits pretty well under Bryan Kelly and they develop talent. It's not like he's drafting players from a school with mid-level talent with no track record of NFL pros.

Would you care to see the list of highly drafted Alabama players that have not panned out in the NFL over the last 10 years? And we're not talking about the day 3 picks. Are you telling me you don't want to let's go to draft players from Alabama now?

Comment

• Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I don't think CINCI is just noise. In fact, I think they are going to draft Sewell. Just my opinion, of course. But the other teams, yeah, that's noise.
          They would be stupid not to draft Sewell, but they are, after all, the Bengals.

If this is just noise, then the source of Sewell to the Bengals at #5 overall could be the Falcons, who may be looking to trade out of #4 overall.

Trading with Atlanta would be costly, but that would just about guarantee that we get Sewell, assuming that Jacksonville, the Jets and San Francisco are all drafting QBs.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I went over this list twice and I didn't see RB Jaret Patterson or TE Pro Wells, If this is true Pig Skin Paul seems to be overlooking a player or 2? Most people know about JP.... here is some info on Pro Wells I hope TT has looked at this guy! https://www.nfl.com/prospects/pro-we...e-1864a474be75
            Every guru overlooks many players. Most big boards are really uneven imo.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Rivers was indestructible in the pocket, was one of the best at pre-snap reads in NFL history, and had an incredibly quick release. If Herbert isn't any of those things he will need a better OL than Rivers. Also, you know, Rivers never won a SB here.
              Herbert also has the mobility to do things outside the pocket, Rivers was a master in the pocket because leaving the pocket meant big trouble for him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

The point is that Notre Dame recruits pretty well under Bryan Kelly and they develop talent. It's not like he's drafting players from a school with mid-level talent with no track record of NFL pros.

Would you care to see the list of highly drafted Alabama players that have not panned out in the NFL over the last 10 years? And we're not talking about the day 3 picks. Are you telling me you don't want to let's go to draft players from Alabama now?
                I got your point. And maybe its not all Telescos fault. Maybe it was bad head coaching or lack of player development.

I just think its more the fact that it seems pre-destined that the Chargers will draft a player from Notre Dame because "Telesco likes Notre Dame players" and the talent pool is bigger.

I have written on this board I wish he would fall more in love with players from Clemson Alabama and ThEEEEEE Ohio State as its obvious when certain teams play Notre Dame - the talent and natural abilities are better for those three teams. You can add Georgia or LSU too at times.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I had a newborn and an ill wife so that year may have skipped me.
                  Hope all is well now.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I hope everyone doesn't lose it IF the right OT isn't on the board for us in round 1 and we draft a different position? Let's all remember, which I think is being lost in all the Oline talk, Justin Herbert isn't Phil Rivers in the pocket, Herbert moves around nicely in fact it is one of his many strengths. . . IF a top CB or DE is on the board and we can't trade for Sewell, I'll be happy if we get the best football player available, and still expect a winning season!
                    what if it’s a top WR or RB? Can we lose it then?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Radunz is Lamp with 2" longer arms.
                      At the risk of incurring “that’s what she said” comments and breathing life into a topic that’s been beaten to death several times over the last 4 months, those 2” make a major difference.

What derailed Lamp’s career was injury. If he had 34” arms and stayed healthy he’d be a starting tackle for some team right now.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

In the last 5 years TT has a DROY, OROY, and a 1st team All-Pro as a rookie. I’ve got plenty of issues with TT but now he had performed recently in the 1st round isn’t on that list.
                        Great post!
                        Add K9 as he set the Charger rookie record for tackles, DK had an All-Pro season, and Keenan a 4-time probowler.
                        No GM is perfect but TT is not a bottom dweller.
                        Injuries, misses on Oline prospects, and coaching blunders/player development issues have kept us from continued ascension.

New year, new era, new team.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Detroit is rebuilding and teams are reportedly valuing 2022 picks more than 2021 picks based upon there being opt outs, shorter schedules in 2020, and no combine. Therefore, it is not entirely crazy to think that Detroit would take our first round pick next year as compensation for allowing us to jump up to #7 instead of our second round pick this year.

Such a trade would allow us to keep all of our draft picks this season and get Sewell. Sewell has the greatest odds of all LT prospects of being a very good NFL LT.

Although I dislike trade ups as a general rule, and I especially dislike Beatharding, doing so in this instance makes a lot of sense. Darrisaw's recently revealed medical issues increase the risk associated with him. So now, Sewell carries substantially less risk than every other LT draft candidate. To me, there is now a big drop off in terms of risk as the other LT candidates are likely either nowhere near as good, have injury issues, may not end up playing LT in the NFL, or a combination of all of the above.

Also, if we draft well and fill our holes at LT, CB and FS, plus make some good depth picks, it is reasonable to believe that we will be a playoff team in 2021, which means what we would be giving Detroit would be a late first round pick in 2022, which is maybe worth about 270 points or so more than our second round pick this year (700 or so points next year versus 430 points this year), which is a reasonable value to give up to get (keep) the extra early round pick this year.

While I like small trade backs in general as a means of accumulating extra draft picks, there is a cliff at LT in terms of risk after Sewell that should not be ignored.
                          Agree—in an earlier post I outlined all the reasons why trading our 2022 1st to move up for Sewell makes more sense than parting with this year’s draft capital. If we can do it, it’s the move we should make.

Disagree on the downgrade of Darrisaw’s stock in light of the medical news. His groin injury has been public knowledge for months. It’s not a revelation. The thing that wasn’t known was that he played a chunk of the 2020 season with the injury.

If anything that shows he has the grit to play through injury AND explains why he looked less than 100% during the season. It says a healthy Darrisaw may be much better than previously thought.

I don’t think the groin puts him in the ‘injury prone’ category. He only missed 2 games in his college career.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X