Remember me K. Murray trade up.
    Was it a 2nd + a 3rd for a late 1st ?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

At #7, you are almost sure to grab a solid starter.

1- Sewell
      2- Pitts
      3- Parsons
      4- Surtain

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If I was TT, my first offer to the Lions would be #13 + #77 + #97 for their #7.
        If the answer is no, I would reply with #13 + #47 for their #7
        All this is if my guy is there at 7.
        Yup Good math. Both are ~ worth the #7 per the trade value chart.

This is an ideal option. We have 9 picks so can afford a trade up.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

If you stay at 13.

1- Horn
          2- Slater
          3- Philips
          4- Darrishaw
          5- Farley

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

April 25, 2021 - 10:04 am

Sunday morning draft buzz … It started almost as a joke a few weeks back, but there is a growing buzz around the league that Dallas could actually be seriously considering making a play for Florida TE Kyle Pitts at this week’s draft. There were early reports that Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones was totally enamored with Pitts, who most people now consider the clear top non-QB prospect, if not the best prospect overall in this year’s draft class. But those reports kind of got laughed off as ‘just Jerry being Jerry’ getting excited about a shiny new toy when in fact almost all of Dallas’ biggest issues are on the defensive side of the ball. In the last week or so, though, that buzz has grow to a dull roar, although the Cowboys are still sitting at the 10th pick. Of course, if Jones and company want Pitts they’ll have to move to the 4th or 5th pick to get ahead of Miami which reportedly has Pitts in their sites at the 6th pick. And that wouldn’t be cheap in that it would cost them at least their second round pick this week and likely more.

Meanwhile, reports continue to bubble that the most eager teams to move up into the top ten are New England and Arizona. Not surprisingly, most rumors associated with New England have the Patriots moving up to get a QB. However, we are also picking up some whispers that Bill Belichek is actually happy enough with Cam Newton, but would like to get him a few more weapons, especially after dependable go-to WR Julian Edelman retired earlier this month, and might actually be targeting a receiver like Alabama’s DeVonta Smith. And that could put the Patriots in competition with Arizona which is also believed to be looking to trade up to get a downfield weapon for young QB Kyler Murray.

Just a cautionary note, though, on trade talk. The past couple of pre-draft periods were also rife with plenty of trade talk in the week leading up to the draft, but nothing much really came to fruition once the picking actually started. Remember it takes two to tango. It also takes a lot of draft resources to move up and teams start to get cold feet when the realize that they may be giving up the better part of their remaining draft to get just one player when in fact few teams are just one player away!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

If you stay at 13.

1- Horn
              2- Slater
              3- Philips
              4- Darrishaw
              5- Farley
              Stay at 13
              I read McGinns report on OL
              maybe take advantage of a team trading up to 13
              come on TElesco - be different this year

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Sunday morning draft buzz … It started almost as a joke a few backs, but there is a growing buzz around the league that Dallas could actually be seriously considering making a play for Florida TE Kyle Pitts at this week’s draft. There were early reports that Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones was totally enamored with Pitts, who most people now consider the clear top non-QB prospect, if not the best prospect overall in this year’s draft class. But those reports kind of got laughed off as ‘just Jerry being Jerry’ getting excited about a shiny new toy when in fact almost all of Dallas’ biggest issues are on the defensive side of the ball. In the last week or so, though, that buzz has grow to a dull roar, although the Cowboys are still sitting at the 10th pick. Of course, if Jones and company want Pitts they’ll have to move to the 4th or 5th pick to get ahead of Miami which reportedly has Pitts in their sites at the 6th pick. And that wouldn’t be cheap in that it would cost them at least their second round pick this week and likely more.

Meanwhile, reports continue to bubble that the most eager teams to move up into the top ten are New England and Arizona. Not surprisingly, most rumors associated with New England have the Patriots moving up to get a QB. However, we are also picking up some whispers that Bill Belichek is actually happy enough with Cam Newton, but would like to get him a few more weapons, especially after dependable go-to WR Julian Edelman retired earlier this month, and might actually be targeting a receiver like Alabama’s DeVonta Smith. And that could put the Patriots in competition with Arizona which is also believed to be looking to trade up to get a downfield weapon for young QB Kyler Murray.

Just a cautionary note, though, on trade talk. The past couple of pre-draft periods were also rife with plenty of trade talk in the week leading up to the draft, but nothing much really came to fruition once the picking actually started. Remember it takes two to tango. It also takes a lot of draft resources to move up and teams start to get cold feet when the realize that they may be giving up the better part of their remaining draft to get just one player when in fact few teams are just one player away!
                I would rather get Pitts + 2nd tier LT (Jenkins, Cosmi, Little) than just Sewell.

Belichek is not happy with Cam. BS detector is lit ...

scared episode 14 GIF
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Sunday morning draft buzz … It started almost as a joke a few backs, but there is a growing buzz around the league that Dallas could actually be seriously considering making a play for Florida TE Kyle Pitts at this week’s draft. There were early reports that Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones was totally enamored with Pitts, who most people now consider the clear top non-QB prospect, if not the best prospect overall in this year’s draft class. But those reports kind of got laughed off as ‘just Jerry being Jerry’ getting excited about a shiny new toy when in fact almost all of Dallas’ biggest issues are on the defensive side of the ball. In the last week or so, though, that buzz has grow to a dull roar, although the Cowboys are still sitting at the 10th pick. Of course, if Jones and company want Pitts they’ll have to move to the 4th or 5th pick to get ahead of Miami which reportedly has Pitts in their sites at the 6th pick. And that wouldn’t be cheap in that it would cost them at least their second round pick this week and likely more.

With all these teams looking to move up, someone like the Lions @#7 may well kick back and watch a bidding war erupt...TT might have to just stay put @#13 if they ask for multiple #1's...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I would rather get Pitts + 2nd tier LT (Jenkins, Cosmi, Little) than just Sewell.

Belichek is not happy with Cam. BS detector is lit ...

scared episode 14 GIF
                    Yep...liar's week...Belicheat is looking for the next GOAT...

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

At #7, you are almost sure to grab a solid starter.

1- Sewell
                      2- Pitts
                      3- Parsons
                      4- Surtain
                      IF we stay at pick #13 I have a feeling our top 2 options on the board will be CB- Caleb Farley or OL Reshawn Slater.... Are Chargers fans cool with Rashawn Slater being our staring LT this coming year, or saying we have maybe the top CB in the draft?? Or is trading up for Sewell the top option?

Sewell could always tell teams on draft day that he WANTS to play for the Chargers when his phone rings and he could quietly make this happen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

If I was TT, my first offer to the Lions would be #13 + #77 + #97 for their #7.
                        If the answer is no, I would reply with #13 + #47 for their #7
                        All this is if my guy is there at 7.
                        I'd offer 13,77 and a 2022 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I'm comfortable @#13. I'm not comfortable giving up the #47 pick. Too many players there that I think Staley would be excited to put on his defense. Even the #77 and #97 picks are probably picks that become starters on defense or quality defensive depth.

I've gotten used to the fact that we're not getting Sewell. I started accepting that fact back when we went on a mini-win streak in the middle of the season. And I'm cool with that. I've never needed a potential All-Pro @LT. All I've ever wanted was a solid LT (Okung was nice... for a year). Someone who can come in and start Day-1. Not another project... a 1st rounder. 1st round OT's have been very successful the last 5 drafts or so.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X