• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Anyone know if OL guys were eligible for number 58 under the old rules?
    Several centers wore numbers in the 50s. A few guards as well. Can’t think of any tackles.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Reunited and it feels so good.
      TC roommates? LA roommates? SB Champions? Thunder buddies?
      I must have missed where Oregon rang up multiple national titles with Herbert and Sewell

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        I'm not sure how high is the replacement of Harris by Horn on the list of the Chargers.
        a #1 lock down CBto play opposite Davis is an extremely high priority in this draft..... we also need to add one or 2 more in this deep CB draft..... we currently have zero depth after
        Davis and Harris..... our other CB's cannot cover..... Adderley might be able to move to CB but he is our starting FS, and this is not a great safety draft..... yet we still need to add a safety.....

our first 3 picks(and biggest needs)need to be LT, CB, Edge not necessarily in that order...... power RB, TE, speed WR, S, OG/OT depth, CB need to be added after..... BPA will determine order..... picking the best players, best athletes will help us win sooner and be better in long run so that once we are good we will stay good for a long time.....

We hav e alot of needs and only 9 draft choices....... but our first pick should be elite or close to elite......... no reaching for English or Fluker.......

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Could Russell Okung return if we miss out on a starter in the draft?

That thought should motivate TT.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I must have missed where Oregon rang up multiple national titles with Herbert and Sewell
            :sigh:
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

a #1 lock down CBto play opposite Davis is an extremely high priority in this draft..... we also need to add one or 2 more in this deep CB draft..... we currently have zero depth after
              Davis and Harris..... our other CB's cannot cover..... Adderley might be able to move to CB but he is our starting FS, and this is not a great safety draft..... yet we still need to add a safety.....

our first 3 picks(and biggest needs)need to be LT, CB, Edge not necessarily in that order...... power RB, TE, speed WR, S, OG/OT depth, CB need to be added after..... BPA will determine order..... picking the best players, best athletes will help us win sooner and be better in long run so that once we are good we will stay good for a long time.....

We hav e alot of needs and only 9 draft choices....... but our first pick should be elite or close to elite......... no reaching for English or Fluker.......
              I think this would have been true under a Gus Bradley defense, but from what I understand, Staleys defense is different. One of the huge benefits is you don't need premium DBs who are super athletic. You need smart DBs. Paying for smart and athletic requires a premium, but you can get smart players who are a little less athletic later in the draft. Think of it like the Shannahan system for DBs. You can run a mediocre player in there and function at a decently high level like Cousins or Goff and do great. You get a premium player in there like Rodgers and it's even better, but you can get by without it. Safety is kind of a more important position in this defense. And while you point out this is not a "good" safety draft, when people say that they are generally talking about playing safeties in a FS or SS role. Those roles don't really exist in a Staley system. You may have guys who are just a tad slow to play FS in a traditional role who will be great in a Staley system. He is looking for a different position than what people are talking about when they say safety.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think this would have been true under a Gus Bradley defense, but from what I understand, Staleys defense is different. One of the huge benefits is you don't need premium DBs who are super athletic. You need smart DBs. Paying for smart and athletic requires a premium, but you can get smart players who are a little less athletic later in the draft. Think of it like the Shannahan system for DBs. You can run a mediocre player in there and function at a decently high level like Cousins or Goff and do great. You get a premium player in there like Rodgers and it's even better, but you can get by without it. Safety is kind of a more important position in this defense. And while you point out this is not a "good" safety draft, when people say that they are generally talking about playing safeties in a FS or SS role. Those roles don't really exist in a Staley system. You may have guys who are just a tad slow to play FS in a traditional role who will be great in a Staley system. He is looking for a different position than what people are talking about when they say safety.
                Or Patrick Surtain II. Dallas could mess that up and go all Jerry World, but yes I like what your saying, just need the one guy to lead rest, with athleticism, for the smart guys less athletically gifted.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I wonder how hard you thought about that comment.

Guess you’d rather have Tua/Mac and Leatherwood than JH10 and Sewell.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

You missed where Herbert took over a losing team in the middle of his freshman year (2016).
                    JH was injured sophomore year (only 8 games) winning record (2017).
                    Junior year (2018) produced 9 wins, a bowl victory, and unfinished business (why he returned for Senior year)
                    Senior year (2019) produced 12 wins, PAC-12 Championship, Rose Bowl win/MVP, and SeniorBowl MVP.
                    JH went through 3 HC in 4 years, 3 offensive systems, and a talent depleted roster during his career at UO.

Sewell joined team in (2018) team went 6-1 before Penei missed remaining games with injury. Freshman All-American Team.
                    - 17 years old in most games started.
                    Sophomore year (2019) went 12-2 (17-3 in games started over 2 years), PAC-12 Championship, and this list of accolades......
                    - 18 years old in about half games games played.
                    As A Sophomore (2019)
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Totally different position/player but only Duck reminiscent of Sewell was Haloti Nagata, DT. Regardless similar athletic freaks with explosive, soft feet, power and natural dominance. So yeah, program produces elite talent on occasion.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Totally different position/player but only Duck reminiscent of Sewell was Haloti Nagata, DT. Regardless similar athletic freaks with explosive, soft feet, power and natural dominance. So yeah, program produces elite talent on occasion.
                        Buckner has also done pretty well in his time in the league. I remember once upon a time there was a huge Bosa vs Buckner debate, turns out either one would have been a great selection.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                          Good comparison. There’s a certain degree of athleticism that is hard to maintain with size and thickness. Sewell and Ngata are perfect examples of guys who’ve retained that spark at 330+ lbs.

Comment

Working...
                          X