Man from Iowa
    to OLT
    and say
    "we're good."

Staley admitted
    we have a hole
    at OLT.
    Don't mean shit...
    Of the potential OTs drafted in r3 and r4 in 2020, they played a grand total of 530 snaps, the vast majority as a result of injury, and 220 were Ben Bartch at RG. This was a very deep tackle class.

I feel like you're telling me a 2 bedroom condo in SD costs $200k and mocking anyone who pays more.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Im leaning towards Christian and Christian for my first two picks. Big Beef Baby.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Of the potential OTs drafted in r3 and r4 in 2020, they played a grand total of 530 snaps, the vast majority as a result of injury, and 220 were Ben Bartch at RG. This was a very deep tackle class.

I feel like you're telling me a 2 bedroom condo in SD costs $200k and mocking anyone who pays more.
        He’s convinced Telesco’s destined to find the next Bakhtiari in R4...
        Even though he’s failed to draft quality OL in any round throughout the years. Hey, maybe the guy’s due. A broken clock is right twice a day. Or is it once?

Seems like a fool’s gamble. Buts that’s just me.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          He’s convinced Telesco’s destined to find the next Bakhtiari in R4...
          Even though he’s failed to draft quality OL in any round throughout the years. Hey, maybe the guy’s due. A broken clock is right twice a day. Or is it once?

Seems like a fool’s gamble. Buts that’s just me.
          On PFR the tackles who have played this century with career HOFm over 40 not drafted in the first two rounds:

Jason Peters
          Bakhtiari
          Jon Runyan
          Rien Diem (played first two years at RG before switching to RT)

Below that there's guys like Bushrod (4th round) who didnt play until year 3 or Roman Oben/Terron Armstead 3rd round played year 2.

Then you're getting down to Eric Winston, Jeromey Clary territory, but most of the guys down there are r1 and r2 too. We're getting down to 225 on the list.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

FWIW...

Zierlein and Company's rankings at NFL.COM

--9) Sewell 6.73
            --10) Etienne 6.71
            --11) Slater 6.70
            --15) Horn 6.46
            --18) Darrisaw

Sometimes in life,
            you have to look,
            in order to see.

Gimme back my credibility, TPB...
            I don't give a crap about draft pundits player rankings. Running back is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. I also want to ask you how many running backs in college could have put up similar numbers and stats to Etienne whileplaying at Clemson? They've had great weapons to spread teams out, fantastic lineman, great qb play, and stellar defense. they're often head and shoulders better in talent than their opponent.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Professional pundits compare Etienne's explosion to Tyreek's.
              That's not only scarce,
              but also scary.

You put Ekeler over here.
              You put Etienne over there.
              ​​​​​You got Keenan right thar.
              And @darealmike_dub outside.
              Don't forget about Jared Cook.
              A pinch of Tyron, Guyton.
              Aw--huh.
              Show these comps/pundits pls. .... It still would not change my mind regarding drafting a running back at 13.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

You can throw Donald Penn on the list of you want. 39 and change, undrafted.

In the 30s for every Charlie Johnson there are 3 Castonzos and in the 20s for every Clary there are 2 Ryan Ramczyk.

The traits that make a good OT are both rare and easily identified. Scare = expensive. It's unfortunate but it's the way of the world.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Yeah, I went through this exercise last year... If you go back 10 years and lined up all of the 1st round OT's vs the OT's taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds... it ain't pretty. Especially if you're talking about elite tackles. You got Brian O'neill/Mitchell Shwartz in the 2nd round... Terron Armstead/Orlando Brown in the 3rd round... Bakhtiari in the 4th round... Bakhtiari, Armstead, and (maybe) Brown are your only true left tackles.

You'll find a couple of 1st round busts in there... but the 2nd and 3rd rounds are littered with them. And I won't even try to list all of the great LT's from the 1st round...
                  If you want a short list... find all of the great LT's with arms shorter than 34 inches.

And that is what we're talking about here, right...? Finding a great LT protector for our franchise QB...
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    Yeah, I went through this exercise last year... If you go back 10 years and lined up all of the 1st round OT's vs the OT's taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds... it ain't pretty. Especially if you're talking about elite tackles. You got Brian O'neill/Mitchell Shwartz in the 2nd round... Terron Armstead/Orlando Brown in the 3rd round... Bakhtiari in the 4th round... Bakhtiari, Armstead, and (maybe) Brown are your only true left tackles.

You'll find a couple of 1st round busts in there... but the 2nd and 3rd rounds are littered with them. And I won't even try to list all of the great LT's from the 1st round...
                    If you want a short list... find all of the great LT's with arms shorter than 34 inches.

And that is what we're talking about here, right...? Finding a great LT protector for our franchise QB...
                    And thats why Darrisaw may go before Slater. Just better OLT size.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

JOK was a great college LB. He'll be a hybrid S/LB in the NFL. He'd play a similar role as Derwin for us... or TPB's favorite athlete Isaiah Simmons. While there is value there... how many duplicates do you need? Are there other players that fill that roll (at a 3rd round cost)...?

He's not a stout tackler and struggles handling blocks straight on (per ProFootballNetwork). He's consistently mocked in the early 20's. Do you reach @#13 for a player you already have...?

Again, I like him a lot. But... every prospect has their flaws.
                      LOL....not a stout tackler? Screw PFN, he is a fantastic and often violent tackler...and I don't want my WLB/Big Nickel handling blocks straight on...that's not his job. He should be staying off them, constantly moving...

Sure, every prospect has flaws....but JOK is as flawless as they come for his position....now, if you don't think we can use him....at least badly enough we should spend 13 on him,....well, that argument has merit. Don't entirely agree, but I can see your point.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Trenchers vs. Woody

Or maybe that's Nutty doin' the choppin....?
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I don't give a crap about draft pundits player rankings. Running back is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. I also want to ask you how many running backs in college could have put up similar numbers and stats to Etienne whileplaying at Clemson? They've had great weapons to spread teams out, fantastic lineman, great qb play, and stellar defense. they're often head and shoulders better in talent than their opponent.
                          Yep...good RB's can be had in mid to late rounds...build the O-line, and they'll make an average back look good; a good back look great; and a great back look elite...

Comment

Working...
                          X