• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Davis Mills really elevated his stock. Put on an insane pro day. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him pull ahead of Trask in the late 1st-early 2nd.
    looks like a good call there, and perhaps a very/really good call there.... may be better than Mac as well,

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

looks like a good call there, and perhaps a very/really good call there.... may be better than Mac as well,
      I was gonna suggest that as well. Mills seems like a perfect fit for the Patriots offense.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Mills to me is day 3. He only had 10 starts.

Mac is a better QB than Tua though he wont be top 5 like him. But he should go top 20 and is a better QB than Trey Lance. Wouldnt surprise me if Jones was a Patriot.

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Trey Lance is all about upside and potential. And teams tend to follow what's been successful. A year ago Burrow was the slam dunk #1. But then there was the debate about the polished QB vs the raw guy who was more physically gifted. Many of us wanted the polished guy and were pissed when we got the raw guy with the physical gifts.

It's a natural tendency to try and compare guys to those who have come before. "He could be the next fill in the blank!" People are trying to compare Wilso to Mahomes. They're gonna compare Lance and Fields to Herbert, and it play a part in why they go ahead of Jones.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
            Trey Lance is all about upside and potential. And teams tend to follow what's been successful. A year ago Burrow was the slam dunk #1. But then there was the debate about the polished QB vs the raw guy who was more physically gifted. Many of us wanted the polished guy and were pissed when we got the raw guy with the physical gifts.

It's a natural tendency to try and compare guys to those who have come before. "He could be the next fill in the blank!" People are trying to compare Wilso to Mahomes. They're gonna compare Lance and Fields to Herbert, and it play a part in why they go ahead of Jones.
            QBs are like women... you never know.
            I regularly tell my woman I’m glad I don’t have to pick a wife out of the bag o nuts out there in today’s single scene anymore.
            we’re all “QB-spoken for”
            cheers!
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I was thinking today after reading the TDN mock with 4 QB's 1 - 4 in round 1, that when round 2 begins that these 4 teams will all be looking at any available OT's on the board to begin helping protect their investment. I am now afraid that if we snooze on OT in round 1 that we are going to be left with reach OT's (see Pipkins) and guards/centers at 47.

A very real possibility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I think Lance is a potential bust so should someone trade top picks to trade up for him because he may have upside?
                As far as QBs go that hasn't been that successful.

I see him as more downside compared to the hype but that's me.
                Recently Chris Sims said he isn't a first round talent and allegedly he didn't have a great pro day just throwing the ball in shorts but I didn't watch it.

​​​​​​​I know arm strength takes you up a notch in their eyes but many of the best QBs ever didn't have that.

Comment

• ChicagoCharger292
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

So far I think we’re playing free agency just right. We have filled major holes at C, G, and TE so come draft time we can take BPA - personally hoping for a top LT. Maybe we can get lucky like we did with Derwin James and have an all-pro talent fall to us. Someone needs to post a pic of Sewell with a gas mask or something. I would even entertain trading down... there’s always some sucker trying to move up to draft the next Mitch Trubisky No matter what I can’t wait for the draft ya’ll.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

My only complaint is the MW situation
                    I want that cap space this offseason to sign vet OL
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I was absolutely thrilled.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        My only complaint is the MW situation
                        I want that cap space this offseason to sign vet OL
                        Yeh that's still a little head scratching. If you value M. Williams over Henry so be it, but lock him up with a long term more cap friendly deal.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

There is going to be a special player @ #13. Special enough to draft and keep but must field offers. He could bring much in return. Did PFN Mock and Surtain was available. Three offers on the table, one being Chicago, who is looking to trade Fuller. In exchange Chargers got their 1st 20th overall, 2nd this year and next. So still got a franchise LT #20 and lock down CB in 2nd from them in return, not even counting Bears 2nd in 2022.

Comment

Working...
                          X