• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

For a big corner this dude sure is effective in the slot. He gets beat he can recover and bat balls from small slot WRs running slant routes. His biggest attribute is probably when contesting the ball from its high point. I think in 2 seasons time with NFL-level coaching he can be a very very corner. Kid is a legit 6' 1" 205lbs. In terms of speed, ran a 4.39 hand timed/4.42 laser timed. This is the type of kid you want to coach up to cover big #1 Wrs.
    I thought the 5'11" 190lbs corners were the most talented in the NFL after the latest reviews.... lotsa under and oversized corners in this draft, no ??

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Please let Sewell make it to within striking distance of a trade up.
      so you like him better than Wirfs last year.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=DragonIce;n1189448]
        Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Hmmmm....Horn looks like a flag waiting to happen in the NFL. There is a deep cluster of corners I like including Campbell, Samuel Jr, Newsome, and Joseph. It'll be interesting how the rest of free agency pans out prior to the draft. We have big needs right now at left tackle cornerback and we need multiple Edge rushers. Depending on how the draft goes in front of us, IMO ideally a trade down to add another second round pick would give us a flexibility to hit all three positions in the first two rounds.[/QUOTE]

If we can't land top receiver/TE or elite OT at 1/13...I double stamp this plan. This isn't a great draft for top defensive players.
        man, Zaven Collins sure has my attention, and.... can't say there aren't hellah good CB/DL well into the second round ??

i.e. if we can get the aforementioned along w/Eric Stokes and Daviyon Nixon after a trade down.... am (very) good w/dat.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah... I haven't changed it in my rankings but really I go back and forth on Farley and Surtain as the #1 CB (have moved Horn up though) Farley is faster and in our division that is good but as a CB I think Surtain may just be a little overall better.

Farley has had a torn ACL and had back surgery at the end of 2019 and then opted out of 2020.

The torn ACL don't bother me but back surgery is just maybe a sign he gets banged up but then did run that blazer of a 40 a week or so ago.

Surtain and Horn have actually played some slot while Farley hasn't,.... . that I noticed anyways while pretty much staying at LCB. Farley seems to miss more tackles though it's not a problem.

All three with NFL coaching should be very good. I'd be happy with any of the three.

​​​

don't know why you'd keep him on your board/in your cluster if so.... too many good/better players w/less risk.... (usually.... better safe than sorry)

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so you like him better than Wirfs last year.... ??
            Yes. Sewell is the second highest prospect I’ve ever rated.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=beachcomber;n1190633]
              Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

man, Zaven Collins sure has my attention, and.... can't say there aren't hellah good CB/DL well into the second round ??

i.e. if we can get the aforementioned along w/Eric Stokes and Daviyon Nixon after a trade down.... am (very) good w/dat.
              ZC is a legit top 15 prospect. He’s a multi-positional prospect that would be perfect in Staley’s position-less / multi-front defense.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Nothing has changed for me - first and foremost, still need LT. Anybody they can get at this point is stopgap. Still hoping Slater is there at 13 but if not, I think AVT or a CB will be there

Rd2 - LT than if not R1

The other picks through R4: Edge and DL Depth (Joseph, Jones and Nwosu are all free agents) and of course, more OL depth.

Granted, if Telesco does a bit more in free agency - another CB, more OL depth - that might change how he can approach things with especially R1

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  Nothing has changed for me - first and foremost, still need LT. Anybody they can get at this point is stopgap. Still hoping Slater is there at 13 but if not, I think AVT or a CB will be there

Rd2 - LT than if not R1

The other picks through R4: Edge and DL Depth (Joseph, Jones and Nwosu are all free agents) and of course, more OL depth.

Granted, if Telesco does a bit more in free agency - another CB, more OL depth - that might change how he can approach things with especially R1
                  Those guys are FAs?
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Those guys are FAs?
                    After this next season they are.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

After this next season they are.
                      Thanks Bolt - yes good clarification - after this season. . Chris Harris is also a free agent after 2021. Not saying Telesco can't pick TE, WR or RB in the first four or five rounds - but there are needs he should be thinking about now to fill for next year too.

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Imo after spending months watching tape, i only see 1 true LT on this draft "with a first round grade" and thats sewell, both slater and tucker look like nfl guards who were college tackles. Honestly if slater and tucker are there at 13 i say we trade back acouple of picks. Darrisaw to me looks like a RT, and hes fsr to lazy imo. If we dont trade up for sewell. I say we roll the dice on 2walker little in round 2

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                          Imo after spending months watching tape, i only see 1 true LT on this draft "with a first round grade" and thats sewell, both slater and tucker look like nfl guards who were college tackles. Honestly if slater and tucker are there at 13 i say we trade back acouple of picks. Darrisaw to me looks like a RT, and hes fsr to lazy imo. If we dont trade up for sewell. I say we roll the dice on 2walker little in round 2
                          If he is that good - trade back into the first round and take him at 20 or whatever. If the guy seems like he can be a LT for the next 5-8 years - just pick him. Don't worry about value. But get the pick correct.

Comment

Working...
                          X