• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Also, and I realize signings like Casey Hayward are easier said than done. Meaning, finding a player from another team that is undervalued and signing for cheaper dollars. But truly, any GM and team with cap space can sign Cory Linsley or Yannick Ngouye or John Johnson III. Just put the money out there - hey you will get a Schefter bomb tweet, talked about on NFL network. But teams that WIN free agency - not always does it translate for the dollars spent.

But for me, the Chargers have the star power. They have Herbert, Allen, Bosa, and if healthy James. They need solid core role players. I go back to the free agent class of Mike Goff, Steve Foley and Randal Godfrey. Just three "dirtworker role players". Nothing fancy - they just were good signings

Thats what I want from this class - even with the cap space. Now, if the Chargers sign Linsley - great. But in the last few days I have noticed a shift in his price tag - from 3/30 a month ago to 4/45 to 4/48. He is going to get PAID! NOw does that mean I want Alex Mack at 35. No.

But like you said, if Telesco and Staley do their damn homework - find two guys you can get for the price of one Cory Linsley. Maybe the Chargers focus on OG in free agency as the supply will exceed demand. And bring back Feeney and draft a Center.

That is not to say I don't want cheaper vets to be cheap. But I want smart sensible signings where the players will be good for the next 3-4 years.
    I think in a normal year he would get paid. There is going to be a roster purge and salary bloodletting in the NFL streets over the next 48 hours.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This may be the easiest year to rework a roster in NFL history. The free agency pool will be deep with players willing to sign short-term contracts in addition to a very deep draft pool.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        This may be the easiest year to rework a roster in NFL history. The free agency pool will be deep with players willing to sign short-term contracts in addition to a very deep draft pool.
        I agree with this. And with the cap space - the Chargers can sign players for bigger money, 3-4 years. But they also can sign players to one year make good deals with low risk longer term.

I doubt there will be any more players released - maybe Linval Joseph but thats a scheme fit if anything. He had a better year last year than Hayward did. Hayward was partly cost but I think his was more than anything, his last year was not good and do you take the chance in 2021. I agree with that

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

This is all it is. HIs stats show him to be around the 50th best WR in the NFL. Now who knows how Telesco feels about him but keeping him on a one year 15.7m - I am saying it today - its a mistake. Nice guy works hard, good in the locker room - thats all great. But 15.7 is wasted cap space that can be better spent. Its a economic decision based on production.

Me personally - the only way Mike Williams should be playing in 2021 with a cap figure of 15.7m is if they sign him to a 4/46m contract and they front load it so 16m of that cap hit is taken this year. Thats it. Otherwise - - let him see what the market will pay him,
          I will keep HH over MW....

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

It seems to me that the Chargers appear very interested in adding speed at the wide receiver position to compliment Herberts cannon.

Spending a 2nd rounder on a wide out with speed that is more than 1-D would not surprise me;
            spending a 1rst rounder would not stun me.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              It seems to me that the Chargers appear very interested in adding speed at the wide receiver position to compliment Herberts cannon.

Spending a 2nd rounder on a wide out with speed that is more than 1-D would not surprise me;
              spending a 1rst rounder would not stun me.
              Adding speed might be a reason for letting HH walk, too. A younger, faster, healthier and equally good of a blocker is Jonnu Smith. I think he’d be an upgrade at TE for about the same cost as keeping HH, maybe even a little cheaper.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Also, and I realize signings like Casey Hayward are easier said than done. Meaning, finding a player from another team that is undervalued and signing for cheaper dollars. But truly, any GM and team with cap space can sign Cory Linsley or Yannick Ngouye or John Johnson III. Just put the money out there - hey you will get a Schefter bomb tweet, talked about on NFL network. But teams that WIN free agency - not always does it translate for the dollars spent.

But for me, the Chargers have the star power. They have Herbert, Allen, Bosa, and if healthy James. They need solid core role players. I go back to the free agent class of Mike Goff, Steve Foley and Randal Godfrey. Just three "dirtworker role players". Nothing fancy - they just were good signings

Thats what I want from this class - even with the cap space. Now, if the Chargers sign Linsley - great. But in the last few days I have noticed a shift in his price tag - from 3/30 a month ago to 4/45 to 4/48. He is going to get PAID! NOw does that mean I want Alex Mack at 35. No.

But like you said, if Telesco and Staley do their damn homework - find two guys you can get for the price of one Cory Linsley. Maybe the Chargers focus on OG in free agency as the supply will exceed demand. And bring back Feeney and draft a Center.

That is not to say I don't want cheaper vets to be cheap. But I want smart sensible signings where the players will be good for the next 3-4 years.
                We cannot head into the year planning on Tevi or Pipkins being different then the last 2 yrs, nor Lamp or Feeney being anything different then they have been for 3 years. Those guys are what they are. Collectively a bottom 5 (bottom 2?) OL. TT needs to add some studs and dirt diggers both. Our dirt diggers couldn’t shovel sand out of a teacup.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Truth^^^^^^^TTs o line sucks straight up.Do Better!

Comment

• PAnick
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats beach's mock. This is a dead give away lol.

Denver * CB Caleb Farley * personally think they have enough @QB w/Rypien
                    Yeah, but wasn't he right about Stidham????

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PAnick View Post

Yeah, but wasn't he right about Stidham????
                      No.. he sits behind a washed up Cam Newton in NE,...as they likely draft another QB.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Would be estatic if this happened but i think it would be a miracle for it to happen.
                        Im not near as high on Darrisaw as you seem to be so this would be the much better outcome.
                        don't want Darrisaw either, and mostly due to his intangibles, as yeah.... not as down on him as some/most here, albeit again.... still leaning trade down and stockpiling picks.... want to make up for trading up for Murray last go 'round.... so much talent day two and into day three, and not so high on the top half or so of round one either.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Whose mock is this?
                          Would be pretty awesome
                          just messin' around w/things, and.... do like some if not most of the slottings, albeit however unlikely....

Comment

Working...
                          X