Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    I will always remember that game.

AFC Divisional Playoff

Patriots 24, Chargers 21

Union-Tribune game coverage

The game: Needing two home wins to reach the Super Bowl after a brilliant 14-2 regular season, the Chargers couldn't even get one, losing in a flurry of turnovers, dropped passes, silly penalties and poor coaching decisions. LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 123 yards and two scores, and the Chargers intercepted Tom Brady three times, but Marlon McCree fumbled away the third one with 6:16 remaining and the Patriots capitalized with the tying TD, then won on a field goal with 1:10 left.
    Kaeding wide right.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

San Diego Chargers
      and the stories are endless........................................... .................................................. ............................

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Alright, this is getting depressing. Let's get back on track...

Here's a question: let's say we wanted to move up. How far up could we get for the 77th pick plus the 13th pick. I only ask because if someone like Sewell slides, what would it take to move up? I definitely think it gets us to at least 11, but probably no further than 9.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Here's a question: let's say we wanted to move up. How far up could we get for the 77th pick plus the 13th pick. I only ask because if someone like Sewell slides, what would it take to move up? I definitely think it gets us to at least 11, but probably no further than 9.
          I find this draft extremely loaded and I prefer to move down if we.move around at all. the possibilities of that all depend on how things shake out above us. I have actually traded down on a sim and ended up with Wyatt, Creed Humphrey, Little, the pass rusher out of Washington and the CB i like out of Kentucky (yes it's just a SIM) in the first 3 rds . That to me would be a dream draft.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I find this draft extremely loaded and I prefer to move down if we.move around at all. the possibilities of that all depend on how things shake out above us. I have actually traded down on a sim and ended up with Wyatt, Creed Humphrey, Little, the pass rusher out of Washington and the CB i like out of Kentucky (yes it's just a SIM) in the first 3 rds . That to me would be a dream draft.
            I am more inclined to trade back instead of trading up. I would like to see Telesco get MORE picks in Rds 3 & 4 and not less picks. His margin for error increases plus these players are on good contracts for four years. Now, if Slater or a CB are sitting there at 13 - I am inclined to make that pick. But if the team could trade back - even get like a 3/5 combo for the 16-19 range (even if the Chargers have to say add the Titans 6th rounder) - I think that would allow Telesco more flexibility, meaning maybe he can go RB in R3 - but also more darts at the dart board.

But again, if Slater or an equivalent OT is there at 13 - I am just making that pick

EDIT: oh yes!! this would be a dream draft right there. I would be all in on this.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Yes a dream draft.
              From my board, we’d acquire massive talents with 3 - 1st round, 1 - top 50, and 1 - top 100 prospects.
              I would love this draft.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I just don't think Sewell gets past the Bengals...after what happened to Burrow this past season, if the Bungles don't take Sewell @#5, the GM gets fired, there's a revolution in Cincinatti, and the team is the laughingstock of the league...

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

WOW!! I like your draft very much so.. My hope is that the Chargers add quality OL at multiple positions like Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, and Little. Kelvin Joseph would be one hek of a pickup in the third round!

I agree.. This is shaping up to be a relatively deep draft class in areas where we need help most. CB and OL looks to have much quality still following the top tier prospects in those groups.

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

I'd consider trading up if Sewell gets by the Bengals. I'd stay put for Slater or Farley. If those guys are off the board, I'm very content trading down and getting more picks.

I've said it before, but if we're moving up, I'd take a look at the Eagles at 6. They would save money against the cap trading back and they will need to save a lot of money this offseason. A team that trades with them might get a discount because of that.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                      I'd consider trading up if Sewell gets by the Bengals. I'd stay put for Slater or Farley. If those guys are off the board, I'm very content trading down and getting more picks.

I've said it before, but if we're moving up, I'd take a look at the Eagles at 6. They would save money against the cap trading back and they will need to save a lot of money this offseason. A team that trades with them might get a discount because of that.
                      That's a mighty big...

IF.JPG

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Bolts to meet with Auburn wideout Anthony Schwartz:

schwartz.JPG
                        https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...hony-schwartz/

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          I will always remember that game.

AFC Divisional Playoff

Patriots 24, Chargers 21

Union-Tribune game coverage

The game: Needing two home wins to reach the Super Bowl after a brilliant 14-2 regular season, the Chargers couldn't even get one, losing in a flurry of turnovers, dropped passes, silly penalties and poor coaching decisions. LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 123 yards and two scores, and the Chargers intercepted Tom Brady three times, but Marlon McCree fumbled away the third one with 6:16 remaining and the Patriots capitalized with the tying TD, then won on a field goal with 1:10 left.
                          Yep, I remember that one all right, a real soul-killer. That kind of crap-game is a thing of the past, tables are turning this year. Can't wait for the first game.

Comment

Working...
                          X