• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Could Dickerson drop to day 3?
    Yes. 4 season ending knee/ankle injuries in 5 seasons.
    Round 5 at the earliest.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      DISASTER

The latest CBS mock has Sewell, Darrisaw and Slater going in the top 10. Darrisaw goes at #5 for the non-believers. That’s just my worst nightmare. Don’t give TT any excuse to ignore OLT in the first. And then the second because a guy he likes is there. And then pick a turd in the third to polish.
      It is a pundit mock draft in February. Probably won’t come to pass. If it does fantastic, then the other team can be very disappointed with his play going forward.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

DISASTER

The latest CBS mock has Sewell, Darrisaw and Slater going in the top 10. Darrisaw goes at #5 for the non-believers. That’s just my worst nightmare. Don’t give TT any excuse to ignore OLT in the first. And then the second because a guy he likes is there. And then pick a turd in the third to polish.
        Works for me. Dont want Darrisaw in round 1. Slater i know is iffy so maybe we land one of the top CBs or trade down.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

DISASTER

My worst case scenario for sure
          OL in FA, we need to come away with 1 starter and 1 or 2 mid-level signing who can presumably start if need be.
          Linsley still my splurge signing
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

DISASTER

Ouch! That would be hard a tough reality to swallow! Darrisaw is my guy at 13 now. TT should only have a relatively small cluster at that point with QB expected to go high and often in the upper to middle first round.

Unfortunately, the more GMs take a look at Darrisaw, the tougher it might be to pass on him. I see some having him going to the Colts at 20, which I just have a tough time believing will happen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Ouch! That would be hard a tough reality to swallow! Darrisaw is my guy at 13 now. TT should only have a relatively small cluster at that point with QB expected to go high and often in the upper to middle first round.

Unfortunately, the more GMs take a look at Darrisaw, the tougher it might be to pass on him. I see some having him going to the Colts at 20, which I just have a tough time believing will happen.
              That should deter them lol. It did me.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-23-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That should deter them lol. I did me.
                Please let me in on what you see that is negative. A perfect LT prospect is not going to last past the top 10. I am hoping since he did not play in a pro style offense and do not have much tape in the way of true pass pro sets that it will help drive him down on GM boards.

Herbert was overly judged by the offensive scheme he was in at Oregon minus some of the talent at skilled positions like Tua had at Alabama, so I am curious as to if your concerns might be similar in that way.

Recently, I have been pulling up anything I can on him, especially the negative stuff to help balance me out with him if that makes any sense, so again.. I will greatly appreciate if you shared your concerns about him.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Ninja says he doesn’t finish and doesn’t look for work, and perhaps is a motivation issue, I think I see where he’s coming from but ever so slightly that isn’t not a big concern to me
                  My theory is that CD moves smoothly and appears to lack “aggression” because he is simply making his block easily most of the time
                  keep in mind, he’s started since being a true freshman so he’s experienced and may not feel the need to break someones neck after the whistle, that’s not a fault for me if he’s effectively blocking his man
                  He gets beat by speed sometimes, definitely has his whiffs but not many.
                  I think he’s not “exciting” but he looks like a solid LT which is what we need.
                  Top 20 prospect or more relevant, cluster worthy at 13
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Ninja says he doesn’t finish and doesn’t look for work, and perhaps is a motivation issue, I think I see where he’s coming from but ever so slightly that isn’t not a big concern to me
                    My theory is that CD moves smoothly and appears to lack “aggression” because he is simply making his block easily most of the time
                    keep in mind, he’s started since being a true freshman so he’s experienced and may not feel the need to break someones neck after the whistle, that’s not a fault for me if he’s effectively blocking his man
                    Thank for sharing! Those things turned me off early on also and is why I am just coming around to him now and are very fair concerns.

He might become similar to Okung minus the injures hopefully.. I think he is the type of player that can always have you wanting more, but my view is that he has a high ceiling and has the skill set to become a bit more than just an adequate LT for many years, which is no easy task to begin with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Please let me in on what you see that is negative. A perfect LT prospect is not going to last past the top 10. I am hoping since he did not play in a pro style offense and do not have much tape in the way of true pass pro sets that it will help drive him down on GM boards.

Herbert was overly judged by the offensive scheme he was in at Oregon minus some of the talent at skilled positions like Tua had at Alabama, so I am curious as to if your concerns might be similar in that way.

Recently, I have been pulling up anything I can on him, especially the negative stuff to help balance me out with him if that makes any sense, so again.. I will greatly appreciate if you shared your concerns about him.
                      Doesn't appear to have a nasty streak or he would be seeking out other defenders to hit which he doesn't do very well and at times he is standing around. If he has nobody around him, sometimes he doesn't move much which would be the term, takes plays off as the hustle isn't there on some plays.

Compare him in that regard to Slater and especially Meinerz and Darrisaw looks like a statue.

It's not hard to see at all so I don't know why when it's there he is getting such high marks. Maybe they feel that is easily coachable, idk but it's never even mentioned that I've seen. Maybe it is. Depends on his motivation.

However, pundits have been wrong a lot and it's my opinion that some are lazy and don't watch tape and just take what they read somewhere to form their opinion.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

What others see as defects, I see as upside. He is not a finished product.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doesn't appear to have a nasty streak or he would be seeking out other defenders to hit which he doesn't do very well and at times he is standing around. If he has nobody around him, sometimes he doesn't move much which would be the term, takes plays off as the hustle isn't there on some plays.

Compare him in that regard to Slater and especially Meinerz and Darrisaw looks like a statue.

It's not hard to see at all so I don't know why when it's there he is getting such high marks. Maybe they feel that is easily coachable, idk but it's never even mentioned that I've seen. Maybe it is. Depends on his motivation.

However, pundits have been wrong a lot and it's my opinion that some are lazy and don't watch tape and just take what they read somewhere to form their opinion.
                          That was certainly a turn off for me earlier, but then I saw some film of him really finishing plays off and I noticed how strong he seems too to go along with his size, which doesn’t always work out that way. He looks huge, but very well proportioned.

The more tape I watch of him, the more impressed I have become!

Comment

Working...
                          X