• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    4 season ending injuries out of 5 for Landon Dickerson. That is such terrible luck for this kid as i think he is really good when healthy. In the 5th - 7th range though?

You still pulling the trigger?

I completely missed his latest injury. I had thought he pieced together a large chunk of playing time coming off multiple injuries. He is really solid when he plays.

My guess is that TT wont even entertain it. He might be the best high medical risk player in the draft though.
    I would use the 6th round pick on this kid and stick him on IR the entire season - understanding you have him on a four year contract. Tell him, just get healthy - don't rush back.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

4 season ending injuries out of 5 for Landon Dickerson. That is such terrible luck for this kid as i think he is really good when healthy. In the 5th - 7th range though?

I completely missed his latest injury. I had thought he pieced together a large chunk of playing time coming off multiple injuries. He is really solid when he plays.

My guess is that TT wont even entertain it. He might be the best high medical risk player in the draft though.
      If his long term medicals come back as can last at least 3-5 years, he is worth a day 3 pick.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would use the 6th round pick on this kid and stick him on IR the entire season - understanding you have him on a four year contract. Tell him, just get healthy - don't rush back.
        A solid plan.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yeah that late in the draft and the fact we gave 2 6's sort of makes it a negligible risk situation. Its a lot different than the Lael Collins situation where i was willing to risk a late round pick on him. You obviously need to make sure you have the depth to cover such an injury prone player though.

Maybe the bolts injury curse wouldnt want to have anything to do with such an oft injured player? Maybe it would even have the opposite effect and he never gets hurt again? lol

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Dickerson is expected to go 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Pat Kirwin and others on NFL radio are saying that the pass rushers in this years senior bowl have been dominating the OL players in practices and the game....also saying this may be best depth of pass rushers they have seen in a long time.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Yeah that late in the draft and the fact we gave 2 6's sort of makes it a negligible risk situation. Its a lot different than the Lael Collins situation where i was willing to risk a late round pick on him. You obviously need to make sure you have the depth to cover such an injury prone player though.

Maybe the bolts injury curse wouldnt want to have anything to do with such an oft injured player? Maybe it would even have the opposite effect and he never gets hurt again? lol
                Besides Landon Dickerson - if there are other players that got hurt toward the end of the year - that might have been say a 4/5 that slips to the 6th (Dickerson was pretty much a 1 if not early 2 from what I have read)- I wouldn't mind taking that player with one of the 6ths, again, putting on IR for the year. Knowing you have three years left on a rookie deal.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  Not likely

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                    Pat Kirwin and others on NFL radio are saying that the pass rushers in this years senior bowl have been dominating the OL players in practices and the game....also saying this may be best depth of pass rushers they have seen in a long time.....
                    Let’s get a few!

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      That'd be a HELLUVA gamble. I like the kid, but availability is a problem.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

That'd be a HELLUVA gamble. I like the kid, but availability is a problem.
                        I probably go as high as the 5th on Dickerson - for sure even the Chargers own 6th rounder. Bulaga only has one more year, realistically on his contract. If he is healthy next year, thats a bonus. And you worry about 22 at that time. But Hayward, Joseph, Harris, all have one year, Justin Jones; Bulaga essentially. SO in this draft when I say OL, OL, Edge, CB, IDL are needs -- its because looking ahead, they are. Now Hayward probably released and you might sign a veteran (Darby ?) .

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

such a good player and a natural leader on the OL. Immediate upgrade to the entire unit. The injury history makes him a perfect Charger

Comment

Working...
                          X