• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, if Surtain is there when we pick, u pulling the trigger? (And I might be tempted also, as long as we go heavy O-line in 3 of the next 5 picks or so)...
    Surtain or Farley, yes for me. The only guys if there I may take over them Is Sewell and Parsons.... But I'd take them over Rousseau and the WRs.

In fact in that mock above I traded down with the Raiders, Parsons was very gone lol, and Rousseau and Farley weee on the board and the Sim gave them Rousseau with the pick I traded and Farley fell to me.

That don't happen all that often with theses simulators. The one I used isn't linked to this forum and it's got different rankings and is different to use. Takes a little longer to get thru it lol.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Surtain or Farley, yes for me. The only guys if there I may take over them Is Sewell and Parsons.... But I'd take them over Rousseau and the WRs.

In fact in that mock above I traded down with the Raiders, Parsons was very gone lol, and Rousseau and Farley weee on the board and the Sim gave them Rousseau with the pick I traded and Farley fell to me.

That don't happen all that often with theses simulators. The one I used isn't linked to this forum and it's got different rankings and is different to use. Takes a little longer to get thru it lol.
      Yep...a good cover corner is rare...seems if u don't snap them up in round 1, u won't get one...unless u get lucky in later rounds...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

So, if Surtain is there when we pick, u pulling the trigger? (And I might be tempted also, as long as we go heavy O-line in 3 of the next 5 picks or so)...
        You kidding? Hell yes...nothing short of Sewell steers me from that...I know some like Farley, but Surtain is a finished product, as sure a thing as you will find in this draft...again, outside of Sewell.
        Farley is ultra talented, and may have more upside...but I'm a Surtain guy...I know exactly what I am getting there...he can start year one. Farley is gonna struggle at first if thrust into the starting lineup. Now, if you know you are willing to keep Casey another year...Farley is a great choice as well...I think if you can hedge your bet with Farley being ready day one by having the incumbent still here...good play.
        But yea...I am a Surtain fan for practical reasons.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I love Slater...but I am leaning towards one of the two corners....people so underestimate the importance of that guy on an island, and Casey will need a replacement soon. We got lucky nabbing him in FA...but he is falling off. No other olineman, (that would be available) even being our biggest need this offseason, offsets the the immediate plug n play ability of Surtain, or the talent of Farley. (Except Slater, but I'm a fanboy) Even Edge...I got Rousseau on my sig, but I am not gonna change it every day...probably we pick up a raw but talented kid with upside much later...put him in a room with Bosa, and he will grow.

I fear our first pick will be boring to some, but if made correctly, will pay dividends going forward...
          Everyone needs to get on the Caleb Farley bandwagon. If his medicals clear he is a dynamic playmaker that we need on the backend.
          6’2” / 207# with elite traits in speed (4.3s), COD, acceleration, ballskills, and route recognition. He needs to improve his tackling fundamentals (only played CB for 3 years - former QB) but he is physical and willing.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Everyone needs to get on the Caleb Farley bandwagon. If his medicals clear he is a dynamic playmaker that we need on the backend.
            6’2” / 207# with elite traits in speed (4.3s), COD, acceleration, ballskills, and route recognition. He needs to improve his tackling fundamentals (only played CB for 3 years - former QB) but he is physical and willing.
            Ball skills inconsistent, and he is grabby...gonna draw some flags early...I think he is gonna be great, and would love to have him, but I think he struggles his first year. Surtain is a finished product, I got him a click above, but love them both for us.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I concur! Farley is my top CB. He is my target. I’d take Surtain II as a consolation prize.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Ball skills inconsistent, and he is grabby...gonna draw some flags early...I think he is gonna be great, and would love to have him, but I think he struggles his first year. Surtain is a finished product, I got him a click above, but love them both for us.
                Agreed mostly. Both have high floors but I see Farley’s ceiling as a true game changer, elite impact prospect. Surtain is silky smooth but lacks some explosiveness and does not make enough plays on the ball.
                Farley has more ball production in 2 seasons. Would’ve loved for him to play this college season to see another jump but love his film.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

With Farley, the talent is there. But he has an injury history: ACL tear, back spasms and an undisclosed injury. Hmmm...a talented CB projected to go in round 1 or so, with injury issues, where have we heard that one before? Clock is ticking...sorry, PASS...(now, if he drops to round 3, I might pull the trigger)...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

With Farley, the talent is there. But he has an injury history: ACL tear, back spasms and an undisclosed injury. Hmmm...a talented CB projected to go in round 1 or so, with injury issues, where have we heard that one before? Clock is ticking...sorry, PASS...(now, if he drops to round 3, I might pull the trigger)...
                    Round 3 is laughable. He won’t make it out of the top 15.
                    If you remove all players that had an injury(s) in college you’ll end up drafting kids who didn’t play much.

Now I agree with a prospect like Landon Dickerson. He is off my board because of injury history (3 knee and 1 ankle surgeries). This last one in the SECCG was fucking ugly.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Yes, which is a concern but imo the ACL, which was back in 2017 is like Tommy John surgery to a pitcher. You come back better and can't have that injury again.

Look at Keenan after both of his and Frank Gore tore both of his in college. Still playing RB at 37?
                      So ACLs to me after you are healed is a plus really lol. Weird way to look at it but you are good afterwards.

Now Meniscus is something else like Derwin. They cut out that torn area of the memiscus and throw it away and eventually you are going to have arthritis.... If you know what the meniscus is for.

For Derwin to have meniscus surgery and be out all year says a lot to me as I've had both of mine done so his must have been a bad, big tear, though I'm no Orthopedic surgeon.

Back spasms aren't a chronic injury. It was reported to be a pinched nerve in his back.

Still, I hear ya on the injuries and me, Myself I'd rather have Surtain for those reasons but I'd still pick Farley.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Round 3 is laughable. He won’t make it out of the top 15.
                        If you remove all players that had an injury(s) in college you’ll end up drafting kids who didn’t play much.

Now I agree with a prospect like Landon Dickerson. He is off my board because of injury history (3 knee and 1 ankle surgeries). This last one in the SECCG was fucking ugly.
                        Memo to everyone.
                        You are posting video game scores.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Memo to everyone.
                          You are posting video game scores.