NFL against the spread picks: Pickin' ain't easy (Shutdown Corner)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

NFL against the spread picks: Pickin' ain't easy (Shutdown Corner)

Welcome back to the exercise in futility that is picking NFL games against the spread. Oh, right. You have no problem with it. Hit like 70 percent. 75 percent, you say? Sure. Let me tell you something, if you truly and honestly hit anything north of two-thirds of your picks against the spread, I hope you live in Las Vegas because you are the greatest handicapper in the world. Hitting 60 percent puts you among the absolute elite. It's very, very hard to pick NFL games against the spread. The teams are too evenly matched, the lines are too tight and too many games come down to unpredictable bounces (yes, I hate to say, luck is often a factor in NFL games). If you saw my horrible record last year, you know I haven't figured out the secret. The few people who have success betting on sports professionally have a really unique skill set. It's very hard to do. The NFL is particularly tough. With the amount of action sports books get on NFL games, there's never a soft line. You might catch the oddsmakers napping on a Pepperdine-St. Mary's hoops game in February, but not on the NFL. Almost every NFL line is going to be fairly sharp. So why will I be writing this post every week? Because it's fun. I don't advise anyone to follow my picks. Betting on the NFL is incredibly difficult and I'm not the guy who has cracked the code (though I'll try again for 17 weeks this year ... and I'll definitely beat Shaun King's record in the videos you'll find at the top of the posts). And why did I write this intro? So I'll have something to copy and paste to the people who contact me to complain about my record this season. And now, let's start the picks (and all season, the lines will come from the Yahoo Pro Football Pick 'em). Seattle (-6) over Green Bay ( picked already ): Well, well. Maybe this isn't so hard after all. Seriously though, that was an incredible performance by the Seahawks.

More...
Working...
X