• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jason Verrett Tears Achilles Tendon, Saves Chargers From Themselves

What would you say if I told you it took a torn Achilles tendon to save the Chargers from themselves?
    Don’t get me wrong, what happened to Jason Verrett is terrible from both a personal and a professional perspective. It sucks and I’m sincere when I say I feel terribly for him. I just didn’t care for how the team was planning on handling his return and how that plan would have effected the playing time of two much more deserving players.
    As we know, Jason Verrett was attempting to comeback from the torn ACL that cost him each of the last two seasons. In anticipation of his return, the Chargers were prepared to hand a starting job back to Jason at the expense of two players who performed at a Pro Bowl level in 2017 in Trevor Williams and Desmond King.
    The plan was to make Williams, who posted 56 tackles, 13 passes broken up and two interceptions in Verrett’s absence, the primary slot corner. That, of course, meant moving Desmond King (76 tackles, four sacks, five passes broken up, one interception), out of

More...
Working...
X