• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Being Glad That the Chargers Did Not Tank

2017 was a therapeutic season for many reasons April is one of the most passive-aggressive times of the year for a sports fan. Playoffs are being lined up in rival sports, baseball is again trying to convince America that it is a thing that still matters, and very little news leaks out from the NFL. Well, except for occasional big-name athletes being let go because they aren’t worth their now-mountainous cap hit.
    OKAY, OKAY, baseball does still matter, but only until preseason NFL games begin.
    As we prepare for the 2018 draft, a lot of folks are inundating the web with what-if scenarios, blockbuster trades, and general mayhem where no player or draft position is sacred. One of the recurring things that I’ve seen is that “it is a shame that the Chargers didn’t tank,” as they didn’t make the playoffs.
    I will admit, the top 5 draft choices have really ballooned in value over the last few years. I really thought that the Eagles were foolish to over-reach on the move up to number 2. In hindsight, it would

More...
Working...
X