• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It Is Time for the Chargers to Move on From Ken Whisenhunt

The Los Angeles Chargers just played the Jacksonville Jaguars in what might have been the most unwatchable game of the season. I tried to find every excuse to stop watching, but the inevitable train wreck that is the Chargers is mesmerizing in a way. I’ve been keeping a checklist of ways a team can lose, and this week I crossed off “lose by a blocked field goal” for the second time this season.
    At 3-6, the Chargers season is essentially over. The team is still good enough to play their way out of a top draft pick, all while being officially eliminated from the playoff race by the Browns. Each loss is a microcosm of their season, a season that needs a lot less Ken Whisenhunt. Ken was brought back due to the prior success he had with Rivers, and if he’s not succeeding, I’m not sure why Whiz is still here.
    18.8 points per game barely would have won you the World Series this year. Recognizing and using your best players is what good coaches do. Hunter Henry is the Chargers’ most complete skill player on the off

More...
Working...
X